Sequence 1 can't break pick the lock

I stuck at the "press R2 to break the lock"
    The game didn't continue after I press R2
    I tried to press R2 repeatedly and hold it down
    Can anyone show me how to break the lock?

Having the same issue, R2 Button won’t work when pressed to break the lock in opening mission

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, it is not a known issue.

Could you please try using a different PS4 controller if you have one and make sure you press the R2 button all the way down.

How is it not a known issue? I’ve counted 3-4 threads where people are all having trouble with the R2 button in this game at this exact point and later on where their character can’t sprint?
    The controller isn’t the issue as many other games I have work perfectly fine when using that button

Agreed was angry having same issue even after reinstalling the game and commenting on all social media including forums i have just tried again with same results so i disconnected my controller and tried another one i have and it works fine but this issue is out there and not everyone will have a spare controller please look into a fix from assassinjoll83

Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post
    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, it is not a known issue.

Could you please try using a different PS4 controller if you have one and make sure you press the R2 button all the way down.
    Yes, I've tried using a different PS4 controller and it still doesn't work. This makes no sense, I paid 40 dollars to play a game that lasts for 30 minutes because of a stupid glitch which makes the game faulty. I would love to love this game but I can't because I can't even play more than 30 minutes without running into a impossible problem which requires an update from the developers to fix. Please update the game so when I press R2 the lock will break.

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

If you are playing on a PS4 Pro please make sure that the boost mode is disabled in the PS4 settings and launch the game again. If the issue persists please try the following troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so:

1. If you have a disc version of the game check to make sure there are no marks or scratches on the disc. If the disc is dirty clean it with a lint free cloth.
    2. Delete the games install data.
    3. Rebuild the database on your PlayStation 4.
    4. Reinstall the game and download the latest patch update and any DLC content that you own, then try again.

If the issue persists can you confirm the following:

. Can you confirm which PS4 Dual Shock controller you are using? (Original version with no light bar on touch pad) (New Pro version with light bar on touch pad)
    . Do you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro?
    . Do you have a digital or disc version of the game?

Could you also submit a support ticket and attach a copy of your save files. For information on how to obtain your save files click here.

Once you have created a support ticket can you reply in this thread with your ticket reference number.

I figured it out

Go to ps4 settings and go under accessibility and select button assignments, for me I changed R2 to triangle and when I went into game R2 will still pop up when breaking lock but press triangle or whatever button you choose. And presto it worked hope that helps man! Then switch back!

Ubi-Trippn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks For posting your workaround Fiercebear,
    It should help some players here.