feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    Iq losing her frags and reduction in range that yall had to revert because it severely crippled her.. Echos buff that has made him one of the most annoying defenders in the game. Map design. Ela not getting nerfed for an additional 3 months because yall even said we dont want to mess up pros. Most of the recent nerfs to twitchs drones. Lack of maps in the ranked playlist. Zofias nerfs. Ying losing her smokes.
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    I've responded about the DDoS issues elsewhere on the forums. The team is working on it, but I'm not able to share any details on it. I'm sure they'll have a blog update at some point to give more info.
    Will it be affected by the MMR role back?

Zoro idk if you get it. I know you posted about it before but the 5 people that looked at the post wont help anything. You guys keep everything a secret from the community. Nothing is ever told to the entire community. Atleast something on social media to let us know its being dealt with. Everyone thinks we are on our own.

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    I understand that pros know more about the game on the "deepest" level
    But us players who has been with you a long time on w a thing or two as well

So the only way for our opinion to matter is to go pro or just take what we get.

We don't get to decide rank maps, tweaks and changed or items to be added into game
    The opinions of our community do matter — the team has made changes as a direct result of community feedback in the past. Your input matters, but you've also got to keep in mind that there are millions of players with opinions that vary wildly about all aspects of the game. The fact that I and the other mods are tasked with collecting and packaging your input to deliver to the team should be at least a small piece of proof that your feedback matters here.

Originally Posted by USMCDEVILDOG010 Go to original post
    The main issue i have is that they play a completely different game than i do on console. And the team caters to that. Take iq for example yall nerfed her when for the community she was balanced and finally in the meta. She was nerfed for one specific thing that 98% of community didnt do thats not right.

Look at ash yall finally nerfed her after years of begging by the community but because she wasnt an issue for pros the team let it slide. The roam meta has been pushed by the team for too long because that what the pros want.

The thing is is that the pros will change the game to make it better for them not the community because thats their money. They do not give a rats arse about us and when the team caters to them its a bad example. Look at cod they keep pl and the main balance seperate. Thats what yall should do. Add a separate playlist with pl balancing and rules.
    I understand what you're saying, but I feel like we're missing the "Dev's vision" aspect of this discussion. The dev team have a direction they are working towards and they make decisions that they believe will get them towards that. It's true, the pro players are playing a different game, in a sense, from what the average player experiences — but that's because the average skill level is higher and team's have incredible coordination aka playing the game how it "should be" played.

That's not to say that what the average players experiences should be ignored! Issues occurring for the average player still get focused on and acted upon. The team still uses data from the community at large, and we've all been able to see where operators stand in the meta with the infographics the team creates.

I'm not really trying to argue that the team has been perfect with this kind of thing in the past, but I do think it's much less cut-and-dry than most people make it out to be.

Will it be affected by the MMR role back?
    I'm not quite sure, as I'm not privy to all the details of the work being done to combat the issue. I know the team is working with external partners to find a solution, and I assume that the team will take steps to further negate the impact of these DDoS issues as they have with similar instances of cheating/boosting.

Originally Posted by RussianBlyat69 Go to original post
    Zoro idk if you get it. I know you posted about it before but the 5 people that looked at the post wont help anything. You guys keep everything a secret from the community. Nothing is ever told to the entire community. Atleast something on social media to let us know its being dealt with. Everyone thinks we are on our own.
    I do get it, I've been down in the trenches with you guys in the "average" MMR pools and played solo queue enough over the last 3 years to know exactly what the experience can be like on both PC and PS4. I understand, I really do.

You've gotta know that I'm bottom of the chain, my friend — the types of decisions like what specifics we're able to reveal about ongoing situations like this are far above my level. I'm doing what I can with the other mods to continue to let them know this issue is plaguing the community, but they can't do much with that information if they're already working on solutions.
     2 people found this helpful

I appreciate the post zoro. Feels nice that someone on your end finally explained something instead sending me FAQ links and support ticket links.... i finally got an answer... its been so frustrating asking and never told anything ever.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by RussianBlyat69 Go to original post
    I appreciate the post zoro. Feels nice that someone on your end finally explained something instead sending me FAQ links and support ticket links.... i finally got an answer... its been so frustrating asking and never told anything ever.
    I hear you, I'm glad I could help.

No offense Zoro bit what you just said confirmed that our opinions don't matter compared to pros because we don't know anything about the game.

I'll give you an example I am a Frost main with a lot of hours put into her with a lot caught in her traps.im comfortable saying I know how to play her correctly and tweaks that she could use.

Now if a pro player comes along never played Frost gave feedback and tweaks ideas. His word would carry more weight than mine right. At least that is what I got from this
    Here is a change I'd like to see with Frost

I would like for for to get impact sense she isn't getting her Nitro back over her camera that will allow her to make line of sights on her traps without directly bring next to them . Should could be anywhere on the map with line of sight on them.
    We already have too many operators that gather Intel by camera she doesn't need it. A good Frost player knows by sound if somebody is picking a player up and if somebody is caught in their trap.

I would like to see her get a icon for her traps so the entire team can know where they're on the map like Lesion mines.

If you want to put a notification if somebody is in the trap that's up to you or have the icon disappear.

Now if Mr pro player who never played Frost came along and said he wants to take one Frost trap away because she is too strong

The Devs would love the idea and give that player his reward for being a pro and take her Frost mat away

No offense Zoro bit what you just said confirmed that our opinions don't matter compared to pros because we don't know anything about the game.

I'll give you an example I am a Frost main with a lot of hours put into her with a lot caught in her traps.im comfortable saying I know how to play her correctly and tweaks that she could use.

Now if a pro player comes along never played Frost gave feedback and tweaks ideas. His word would carry more weight than mine right. At least that is what I got from this
    Here is a change I'd like to see with Frost

I would like for for to get impact sense she isn't getting her Nitro back over her camera that will allow her to make line of sights on her traps without directly bring next to them . Should could be anywhere on the map with line of sight on them.
    We already have too many operators that gather Intel by camera she doesn't need it. A good Frost player knows by sound if somebody is picking a player up and if somebody is caught in their trap.

I would like to see her get a icon for her traps so the entire team can know where they're on the map like Lesion mines.

If you want to put a notification if somebody is in the trap that's up to you or have the icon disappear.
    I'm sorry if that's how it came off — that's definitely not what I wanted to come across as and also need to clarify that this is all just my opinion, so please don't take my statements as the official stance of the team on this.

I agree that non-pro player feedback is important and can lead to great changes, and you illustrate that perfectly with your Frost experience — the pros are limited in ways that an average player isn't because of the META. You guys are able to find stuff that pros probably wouldn't, simply because you approach the game differently. You guys are going to run into stuff the pros may never even experience so there's a ton of data that can be taken from the community.

My point was more to the fact that there isn't anything inherently wrong with taking opinions of Pro players into account when making balance changes, not that it is the only factor that matters.

I like your ideas for Frost - especially the floating icon for her traps, I think that would be a great QoL improvement and allow teammates to sync with her more easily. (It would also bring her gadget in-line with other gadget mechanics, like Lesion as you mentioned.)

Who decides the map rotation? Pro players still have access to the regular game but we do not have access to their playlist at all.
    In downtime they could log into a Smurf play ranked and see everything we get

If you gave us access to their playlist as another type of ranked
    You'll see improvements in feedback..

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    The opinions of our community do matter — the team has made changes as a direct result of community feedback in the past. Your input matters, but you've also got to keep in mind that there are millions of players with opinions that vary wildly about all aspects of the game. The fact that I and the other mods are tasked with collecting and packaging your input to deliver to the team should be at least a small piece of proof that your feedback matters here.

I understand what you're saying, but I feel like we're missing the "Dev's vision" aspect of this discussion. The dev team have a direction they are working towards and they make decisions that they believe will get them towards that. It's true, the pro players are playing a different game, in a sense, from what the average player experiences — but that's because the average skill level is higher and team's have incredible coordination aka playing the game how it "should be" played.

That's not to say that what the average players experiences should be ignored! Issues occurring for the average player still get focused on and acted upon. The team still uses data from the community at large, and we've all been able to see where operators stand in the meta with the infographics the team creates.

I'm not really trying to argue that the team has been perfect with this kind of thing in the past, but I do think it's much less cut-and-dry than most people make it out to be.

I'm not quite sure, as I'm not privy to all the details of the work being done to combat the issue. I know the team is working with external partners to find a solution, and I assume that the team will take steps to further negate the impact of these DDoS issues as they have with similar instances of cheating/boosting.

I do get it, I've been down in the trenches with you guys in the "average" MMR pools and played solo queue enough over the last 3 years to know exactly what the experience can be like on both PC and PS4. I understand, I really do.

You've gotta know that I'm bottom of the chain, my friend — the types of decisions like what specifics we're able to reveal about ongoing situations like this are far above my level. I'm doing what I can with the other mods to continue to let them know this issue is plaguing the community, but they can't do much with that information if they're already working on solutions.
    But they arent nor will they ever be the teams priority. Take finka for example console was raging at the team as soon as she was released and it still took them 6 months to "balance" her because she didnt get played in pl. Even now shes still meta(at least on console) with the highest win rate on attack. Same for blitz.

Then lets look at promised reworks. Iq, thatcher, castle and tachanka. Yet because lion was permabanned in pl he got bumped all the way to the top and no word on any of those promises.

If its true then they need to prove it. Because especially as a console players if feels like our feedback goes straight to the garbage bin. For example kaid. We gave feedback that his shotgun was broke in the first week and it still was almost a full season before yall fixed him. The same goes for shields and shotguns they are way more powerful on console than on pc but no changes are brought up. Hell ive even asked for the console statistics and got no response.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    The Division 2 is proof that the devs are listening to their consumers . They practically fixed everything wrong with the Division 1
    Did you even play both Divisions?

D2 has been borked with skills and worthless weapons. The DZ is barren to the point where it might as well be just another 'toxic zone'. I played through the entire D2 game with an LMG and a m17 sniper because the other guns (such as any smg) are baby worthless compared to the lmg. Finding every piece of info, sats, reconstructs, etc, in D1 was a labor of love, where D2 is seems as though they were thrown in there just to find. In D2 every objective, side or main, seemed as though it was a routing thing.

D1 was much better, in almost every respect.

As far as the devs not listening to US?..well..I have to say that my consistent complaints against the 'Drone Issue' has been 'listened to'. When I have a chance, I'll have to thank the devs again for Mozzie! I mean, personally I think they created him just for me ..but my head's not that large and I don't think he was created just for moi . But, I think I was a part of his introduction..