This seems pretty valid, that said, I think Ubi really needs to improve their overall security, but Ubi needs to get in touch with Sony and MS to improve the security of their services.

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    I've never heard of an application uninstalling itself due to a hard restart. Maybe if the program was in the process of being installed or something...

I don't know how that would even be possible. My instincts make me lean towards thinking this was some kind of stunt or just a mistake by the streamer.

The Dev team is looking into the DDOS situation, but I can't really share any information on that.
     2 people found this helpful

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Morfanos Go to original post
    ???

I don't even know where to start with this...

Why?

How?

Who?

Seriously, the things people will say and believe...
    I was thinking the same thing mate.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    I was thinking the same thing mate.
    I mean, I understand why someone would try to attack a connection(DoS) so everyone get disconnected to nullify a loss... ... but crashing a computer or uninstalling the game? There's absolutely zero benefit in that. That's not even taking into account how difficult it would be to do so as perfectly explained by cwby.bbp here:

Originally Posted by cwby.bbp Go to original post
    Word of mouth never gets very far. Because you heard everyone making the claim, doesn't make it true. No one on the opposing team can uninstall an application without a remote session unless the system had a rat installed. Two, Ubisoft servers use their own IP addressing for people who play the game on their servers. Three, the attacker would need to go through the ISP in order to identify ubisiofts IP's be the IP are masked making it even more difficult and without a court order, it's not likely they will find you. Four, no one is going to go through the extent to make this happen. Five, if the persons game crashed, it likely started with their network or the server they were connecting, causing an exception in the application, which is possible, however, if the game has been removed after the fact, that person may have already had concurrent issues with their hardware. But, to be missing one application and not the whole operating system seems a bit fishy to be true.

The only way to lose that data is if the victim had their account compromised and their cloud syn data disabled, making data local on the system. Which would be reasonable enough explaination to lose your saved data, making it seem like you lost everything, which really is poor management on your own part if you account was not compromised.
    @T95Doomturtle: That's pure FUD. Looking at how it's affecting you, it's 100% effective right now. If you don't understand something, do some research, ask around to knowledgeable source/people, to see if it's possible or not, but don't just start spreading the misinformation like that. Today it's you, tomorrow it will be 100 more people and in a month, we'll end up with another measles epidemic...

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Morfanos Go to original post
    I mean, I understand why someone would try to attack a connection(DoS) so everyone get disconnected to nullify a loss... ... but crashing a computer or uninstalling the game? There's absolutely zero benefit in that. That's not even taking into account how difficult it would be to do so as perfectly explained by cwby.bbp here:
    ..not only that, but if they can infiltrate my pc against the game they seem to identify with (and have anger issues with), then they most certainly can delete sensitive data that doesn't consist of a game. If this was possible, without my knowledge, then why not /format C:/D:/E/..etc?

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    ..not only that, but if they can infiltrate my pc against the game they seem to identify with (and have anger issues with), then they most certainly can delete sensitive data that doesn't consist of a game. If this was possible, without my knowledge, then why not /format C:/D:/E/..etc?
    In theory, it's been possible with viruses for more than 2 decades. The problem is, it serves no purpose. I'm not saying it's easy or simple, it's not, but it's possible. Hackers have goals when they do things. Encrypting a drive and ask for a ransom, sure. Spying on its users with intent to steal personal data, sure. Simply being able to take control of the computer to use it later in a DDoS attack, again, yep. Etc...

But rebooting a computer? Uninstalling a software? Formatting a drive? There's absolutely nothing to gain from that. Especially today with fast internet connections, the cloud, easy cheap backups with external drive, it serve no purpose to proceed with an attack like that.

If anything, it sounds more like streamers trying to get a story going to get their 15 minutes of fame... That or that streamer made an enemy that decided to attack him/her, knowing his/her computer was already compromised, for some twisted reason. But it would have happened with or without Siege. The streaming only makes it more "ominous". It will never be something widespread because it serves no purpose. Again, FUD...

T95, just relax and enjoy the game, there's no need to worry about any of that. Make sure your computer is completely updated, don't reuse the same password more than once, use the 2FA for uplay and you'll be fine.

And for the love of "any higher being you believe in", don't spread the FUD.

PS:I'm not talking about DDoS attacks here because do not in any way compromise your computer/console, all it does is overwhelm your internet connection. In a way, it's not different than just having an internet outage.

Played 5 games again today against people either aimbotting or crashing the lobby. Btw the crashing the lobby isnt a ddos. You dont lose connection at all, it literally freezes your game.

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by UnReaL.TLK Go to original post
    Played 5 games again today against people either aimbotting or crashing the lobby. Btw the crashing the lobby isnt a ddos. You dont lose connection at all, it literally freezes your game.
    What would you call it

Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    What would you call it
    The dude that started doing it last week was stream sniping a guy I play with after we played them. He was telling us in the chat how ubi banned him for 15 days on his other account for ddosing but it isnt even a ddos. Lmao a 15 day ban for this and not a permaban. I bet the people paying for the boost get the same treatment and they wonder why. Hes tweeted ubisoft support and they still haven't shut down his website for boosting.