Dawn of Discovery Gold keys-work on Steam, not Uplay, support not helpful

I bought Dawn of Discovery Gold & Anno 2070 last month on Steam during a sale. I'm able to play both just fine through Steam, but only Anno 2070 shows up on my Uplay library. I tried the keys on my Steam account for Dawn of Discovery & D of D Venice, but Uplay says they're invalid. Thinking that I might to have it in my Uplay library, I contacted Ubisoft Support. At first I was told all I had to do was provide proof of purchase, which I did. I assumed from the response that once they had the proof, they would put the game in my Uplay library.

Instead, every response has been further down the rabbit hole with all kinds of work arounds and steps I'm supposed to take with my computer. I don't know exactly why they keep sending me these "here, do this nonsensical thing" responses. Update this, reinstall that, delete the cache on this and repopulate files on that. So on and so forth. At first, I cooperated but the things they told me to do didn't help. When I try entering the keys, they're still "invalid." And when I tell them their suggestions are not working, that I would like to move onto something helpful, they send me another response with another thing I should try. Which isn't what they said they'd do at first, that if I provided my receipts, they'd put the game in my Uplay library. I feel like I'm getting the run around and that they're not listening to me. Which is really frustrating and disappointing. I really like the game, and have played it pretty much every day off since buying it last month. But this run around is making my patience disappear fast.

Has anyone else had issues like this after buying Dawn of Discovery Gold on Steam? Are they going to help me at all or am I just wasting my time?

Hi
    I know you are having problem but the Dawn of Discovery was before Uplay. The 2070 was part of Uplay. You really have to buy DOD through Uplay It's the Gold Edition.

When you buy older Anno games through any body other than Uplay. They will not work. Any thing that was made with Uplay and newer will work with Uplay.

That is who ever you buy them from. Sorry that is how it works. Plus you are really wasting your time. SORRY

banan1996.1996's Avatar Ubisoft Companion
    I don't understand why you want to add it to the Uplay library since you can play it normally via Steam.

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Cabelle1863 Go to original post
    I bought Dawn of Discovery Gold & Anno 2070 last month on Steam during a sale. I'm able to play both just fine through Steam, but only Anno 2070 shows up on my Uplay library. I tried the keys on my Steam account for Dawn of Discovery & D of D Venice, but Uplay says they're invalid. Thinking that I might to have it in my Uplay library, I contacted Ubisoft Support. At first I was told all I had to do was provide proof of purchase, which I did. I assumed from the response that once they had the proof, they would put the game in my Uplay library.

Instead, every response has been further down the rabbit hole with all kinds of work arounds and steps I'm supposed to take with my computer. I don't know exactly why they keep sending me these "here, do this nonsensical thing" responses. Update this, reinstall that, delete the cache on this and repopulate files on that. So on and so forth. At first, I cooperated but the things they told me to do didn't help. When I try entering the keys, they're still "invalid." And when I tell them their suggestions are not working, that I would like to move onto something helpful, they send me another response with another thing I should try. Which isn't what they said they'd do at first, that if I provided my receipts, they'd put the game in my Uplay library. I feel like I'm getting the run around and that they're not listening to me. Which is really frustrating and disappointing. I really like the game, and have played it pretty much every day off since buying it last month. But this run around is making my patience disappear fast.

Has anyone else had issues like this after buying Dawn of Discovery Gold on Steam? Are they going to help me at all or am I just wasting my time?
    Hey Cabelle1863. I sincerely apologise for any confusion or disappointment that may have been caused in the past regarding your query, which I see relates to Uplay PC functionality for ANNO 1404 / Dawn of Discovery when purchased via Steam.

As dmdilks has explained in their post, the game does not actually require Uplay PC in any way to run, and as such, the game will not appear in your Uplay PC library, or be associated with your Ubisoft Account in the same way as ANNO 2070. The game was released before functionality for Uplay PC was implemented. The only external DRM required, as listed on the Steam Store page for the game, is TAGES™, which has a three machine activation limit.

I hope that this clears things up, and once again, I do apologise for any misinformation or confusion.

Originally Posted by dmdilks Go to original post
    Hi
    I know you are having problem but the Dawn of Discovery was before Uplay. The 2070 was part of Uplay. You really have to buy DOD through Uplay It's the Gold Edition.

When you buy older Anno games through any body other than Uplay. They will not work. Any thing that was made with Uplay and newer will work with Uplay.

That is who ever you buy them from. Sorry that is how it works. Plus you are really wasting your time. SORRY
    Once again, dmdilks, thank you for sharing your insight with other players here on the forums. It's great to see that you're so active, and enthusiastic about our older ANNO titles.