UbiDork's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there, all!

I see that a few people did this on the first page of the thread, but are you all able to follow suit?

In order to assist with our investigation, can you please provide us with a screenshot of the logbook.

You can find the location of the logbook in-game as follows: Map > Logbook > Collectibles > Pages - Boston/New York

Hello Ubidork, most of us have already provided screenshots regarding this bug. I've been told personally by the mods that this case was escalated and being looked upon - this was 4 months ago. We really would like to know whether something is actually being done about it. If the devs decided to forget about this common bug, then please let us know. We do not want to wait for a patch that will never arrive.

Did any of the affected people manage to solve this issue? No official patch was released afaik

Originally Posted by fakkizmo Go to original post
    Did any of the affected people manage to solve this issue? No official patch was released afaik
    Nope, nothing. And I don't think that the mods and the devs give a damn about it either. It's almost been a year since I first reported this problem and 9 months since I was first told by the mods here that the case was escalated and being worked on.

I will never buy a ubisoft product again. If they cannot bother to fix a simple bug that has already existed on the vanilla version upon its remaster release and ignore the complaints and backlash of the community for months, then clearly, they do not deserve my hard earned money.

This makes me really sad

o whom it may concern:

I have been playing games since the age of Pac-Man, Pitfall and Lode Runner -which you may well call ancient times- and in all four decades of my game-playing, I have never encountered something like I did in the remastered edition of Assassin’s Creed 3.

Ok, I have seen and experienced first-hand many crashing games, many game-breaking bugs and most irritating glitches, but NEVER in a REMASTERED edition of a game published by a MAJOR GAMES COMPANY have I experienced what I did in this game.

After all, it seems that after deciding to relaunch a game AFTER 7 YEARS of its original release, you have not bothered to address all those bugs and misgivings in the original game at all. I MEAN, 7 YEARS!!! And all you could think of was to enhance the visuals? That’s it???

There are so many frustrated people out there, both from the past (the original release) and from the present (those who CHOSE TO GIVE A/NOTHER CHANCE TO A REMASTERED VERSION) who are trying to find a solution and reach you.

And what ARE YOU doing? Nothing. Just delaying, stalling, asking for unnecessary data.

At this stage, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE of what is wrong, and have already fixed it. But nooo, you have to ask for screen shots and additional data, even after when people tell you such screen shots do not exist because they have already fulfilled the necessary requirement.

Yes, I AM talking about the %89 almanac PAGES glitch, since I ALREADY AM HERE IN THIS THREAD, am I not?

People are saying -in so many different forums and entries, if I may say so- that they are stuck at a particular percentage, even after seemingly gathering all the pages. 89% to be more specific in the remastered edition.

They have seemingly gathered all the pages, built all the inventions but still stuck at 89%.

The pages map they have bought from the vendors no longer show any pages, and collectables section in the map no longer shows up (HOW CAN IT? AFTER ALL, IT IS COMPLETE, RIGHT?), but guess what? 89%!!!

What does this mean? It means -in some cases- 1 out of 9 almanacs does not register as complete; hence 8/9 equals roughly 89%!

Why this happens to some people, and not to others, I do not know. And frankly, it IS NOT MY JOB to know. The thing is, there are some many angry people out there, who have SPENT SO MANY HOURS trying to get to the end, having completed every single task and STILL having only achieved %89 almanacs and %99 eventual completion.

AFTER 7 YEARS, I gave this game a SECOND CHANCE. Played it again, and in the end THIS IS WHAT I GET. And do not fool yourselves, for every person who is venting out his frustration on the web, there is at least one other who ,for the time being, is waiting and hoping for a fix. Having said that, I should also ask: ARE YOU AWARE THAT THERE IS A PETITION OUT THERE TO GET YOU TO FIX THOSE BUGS? ARE YOU AWARE? DO YOU EVEN CARE?

To be honest, what I think YOU SHOULD DO AT THIS STAGE, is just make a simple algorithm change instead of trying to figure out in all those complicated coding what went wrong, and adjust it so that completing 8 almanacs registers as FULLY COMPLETE.

Mind you, we are talking about a REMASTERED EDITION of a game with the same PERSISTENT BUGS, so this is the least of what you can do.

I have dedicated many hours to this game already (and am at 99% total completion) after REPLAYING it, so tell me, are you going to fix it with a simple solution (AS WRITTEN ABOVE OR MAYBE SOMETHING ELSE) or just stall like you did in the PAST SEVERAL MONTHS?

If so, I think I may not even bother to play The Washington DLC, and just move on. Why waste more time trying to get to FULLY COMPLETE IT, knowing I can not possibly do it? After all, there are games out there, which are more bug-free even in their un-remastered forms!!!

To sum it up, it is your responsibility, your duty, and your commitment to gamers everywhere, which is at stake here. This also goes double for Support Staff member Ubi-keo and Community Representative UbiMorning who CHOSE not to follow up on their initial answers and left people in the dark.

Last but not least, I have had trouble with games and glitches and respective absent solutions before, but these were all about games whose publishers had gone DEFUNCT. UBISOFT has not gone DEFUNCT, has it? Well, IF NOT, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS WHOLE ISSUE?

Yours sincerely.

To whom it may concern:

I have been playing games since the age of Pac-Man, Pitfall and Lode Runner -which you may well call ancient times- and in all four decades of my game-playing, I have never encountered something like I did in the remastered edition of Assassin’s Creed 3.

Ok, I have seen and experienced first-hand many crashing games, many game-breaking bugs and most irritating glitches, but NEVER in a REMASTERED edition of a game published by a MAJOR GAMES COMPANY have I experienced what I did in this game.

After all, it seems that after deciding to relaunch a game AFTER 7 YEARS of its original release, you have not bothered to address all those bugs and misgivings in the original game at all. I MEAN, 7 YEARS!!! And all you could think of was to enhance the visuals? That’s it???

There are so many frustrated people out there, both from the past (the original release) and from the present (those who CHOSE TO GIVE A/NOTHER CHANCE TO A REMASTERED VERSION) who are trying to find a solution and reach you.

And what ARE YOU doing? Nothing. Just delaying, stalling, asking for unnecessary data.

At this stage, YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE of what is wrong, and have already fixed it. But nooo, you have to ask for screen shots and additional data, even after when people tell you such screen shots do not exist because they have already fulfilled the necessary requirement.

Yes, I AM talking about the %89 almanac PAGES glitch, since I ALREADY AM HERE IN THIS THREAD, am I not?

People are saying -in so many different forums and entries, if I may say so- that they are stuck at a particular percentage, even after seemingly gathering all the pages. 89% to be more specific in the remastered edition.

They have seemingly gathered all the pages, built all the inventions but still stuck at 89%.

The pages map they have bought from the vendors no longer show any pages, and collectables section in the map no longer shows up (HOW CAN IT? AFTER ALL, IT IS COMPLETE, RIGHT?), but guess what? 89%!!!

What does this mean? It means -in some cases- 1 out of 9 almanacs does not register as complete; hence 8/9 equals roughly 89%!

Why this happens to some people, and not to others, I do not know. And frankly, it IS NOT MY JOB to know. The thing is, there are some many angry people out there, who have SPENT SO MANY HOURS trying to get to the end, having completed every single task and STILL having only achieved %89 almanacs and %99 eventual completion.

AFTER 7 YEARS, I gave this game a SECOND CHANCE. Played it again, and in the end THIS IS WHAT I GET. And do not fool yourselves, for every person who is venting out his frustration on the web, there is at least one other who ,for the time being, is waiting and hoping for a fix. Having said that, I should also ask: ARE YOU AWARE THAT THERE IS A PETITION OUT THERE TO GET YOU TO FIX THOSE BUGS? ARE YOU AWARE? DO YOU EVEN CARE?

To be honest, what I think YOU SHOULD DO AT THIS STAGE, is just make a simple algorithm change instead of trying to figure out in all those complicated coding what went wrong, and adjust it so that completing 8 almanacs registers as FULLY COMPLETE.

Mind you, we are talking about a REMASTERED EDITION of a game with the same PERSISTENT BUGS, so this is the least of what you can do.

I have dedicated many hours to this game already (and am at 99% total completion) after REPLAYING it, so tell me, are you going to fix it with a simple solution (AS WRITTEN ABOVE OR MAYBE SOMETHING ELSE) or just stall like you did in the PAST SEVERAL MONTHS?

If so, I think I may not even bother to play The Washington DLC, and just move on. Why waste more time trying to get to FULLY COMPLETE IT, knowing I can not possibly do it? After all, there are games out there, which are more bug-free even in their un-remastered forms!!!

To sum it up, it is your responsibility, your duty, and your commitment to gamers everywhere, which is at stake here. This also goes double for Support Staff member Ubi-keo and Community Representative UbiMorning who CHOSE not to follow up on their initial answers and left people in the dark.

Last but not least, I have had trouble with games and glitches and respective absent solutions before, but these were all about games whose publishers had gone DEFUNCT. UBISOFT has not gone DEFUNCT, has it? Well, IF NOT, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS WHOLE ISSUE?

Yours sincerely.
     1 people found this helpful

Almanac glitched confirmed fix

Originally Posted by oguifreitas Go to original post
    I got all the almanac pages, but I'm stuck at 89% progress on it's DNA section, I've bought the map, checked it twice and there's no one in the maps. There are reports on forums from 6 years ago with the same problem in the original game and seems that it have not been solved. Can't get the platinum without that 100%, that's frustrating.
    Ubisoft never fixed this problem and I don’t know why$$$$ they released the “remastered” with the same issue. But anyways I did three playthroughs a for 100% completion and the reason the almanacs stay at 89% is because you collected at least one almanac with haytham. Do not collect any almanacs or any other collectible until you finished your training with Achilles or the be safe wait until you finished the main story . There hasn’t been a post explaining this but this is true I just got the plat after three play throughs.

Hey everyone, guess what?

It's been more than a year since I first sent a ticket regarding this bug and NOTHING has changed.

Kudos to you ubisoft.

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by destructomatic Go to original post
    Hey everyone, guess what?

It's been more than a year since I first sent a ticket regarding this bug and NOTHING has changed.

Kudos to you ubisoft.
    Hello there destructomatic!
    Our developers investigated reports of this issue following the game's release. Regrettably, this is not an issue that they were able to fix within the applied Title Updates, and as there are currently no plans to provide additional Title Updates for Assassin's Creed III Remastered, the issue will remain in-game. I apologise for this inconvenience, and realise this isn't the news you wanted to hear.

Godjsakratoss suggests a good workaround, though, and I'd suggest giving it a try. I understand that it can be frustrating to start a new save file, but as this worked for Godjsakratoss, it may work for you as well - and if it does, it will mean that the associated achievement / trophy isn't beyond your grasp! Best of luck with it.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234