Uplay client prevents screen from turning off

Hi
    I'm on latest Windows 10 and with latest PC Uplay client. Once the client is started, the display does not turn off. I have it set to turn off after 2 minutes. After I reboot eerything is fine until I start the client. It's not game related, since this behavior happens if I just start the Uplay software.

Anyone else with this issue and hints how to prevent it?

VersaviNL's Avatar Member
    have you closed Uplay, so it will run on background minimized or left it open?
    I know that some program's don't care about screensavers or energy saving programs in latest win 10 when they are still open.
    Like Netflix Youtube.
    Or check if Uplay has a setting to prevent screen is going in standby mode. (not that i know)

i can confirm this is not the case. i too have windows issues aswell as my Madcatz RAT8 software crashes due to Uplay being installed. drove me crazy for months of trying to find out wtf and uninstalling programs till i finally reformatted and reinstalled Windows10 and no problems till i installed Uplay. shut it down, minimize it, kick it from the Task Manager its all the same.

UbiDork's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    psycho-slammer: Hi there! Can you please tell me how much RAM you have available versus how much you have installed?

i have 32gigs installed and 4.7 in use leaving 27 available. this is with Uplay completely turned off (removed all 3 uplay items from Task Manager)
    4.8 used and 26.9 available with Uplay running in back ground

also need to mention that i did just confirm that kicking them from the task manager does alow the screen saver to run.

after doing more testing, i have found i am ******ed and it is NOT Uplay it is ScpService for ScpToolkit that enables the PS3/4 controllers to fully work on windows.

UbiDork's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    psycho-slammer: No worries! I'm glad you were able to locate the issue!