MP Fast forward glitch

While playing MP on the xbox on and on the Switch, i sometimes get a Fast forward glitch at the start on some tracks, which makes the bike go super fast and out of control, which almost always causes a crash, i know a few others having this issue also, is there any fix for something like this?

UbiSc0ttie's Avatar Community Representative
    Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.
    For further information, if you have a video showing this happening, please PM it to me.

- Scottie

Keeba had it happen to her yesterday on the live stream. she can explain it.

This has also happened to me a couple times as well on the switch. I feel it happens sometimes when an opponent faults and, instead of penalizing them 5 seconds, it speeds the game up on the player that didn't wreck. Almost always caused me to wreck unless I'm somewhere I can let off the controller for a couple seconds. I've also noticed this sometimes, to a small degree, when near player ghosts on normal tracks.

Ive had this happen many many times on ps4. There seems to be a hint to when its going to happen. It happens after player info fades and the screen is just grey smoke, but before the level loads. If you see a lot of stuttering in the smoke or freezing, its likely going to happen. Everytime the fast takeoff, or no countdown also, happens, its preceded by this animation acting funny. I do not think the screen itself is the cause, but maybe players syncing up, or someone else in MP has a really poor connection, etc. Anyways, ive lost a few matches because of it, cuz i always wreck when it happens, but ive gotten used to it. Plus, it doesnt happeb very often.

Doesnt happen as much as it used to, I can usually tell when its gonna happen, still hard not to crash though, lol