2 bugs regarding combat and 1 regarding stealth and detection.

I have encountered 2 bugs regarding combat that is not present in the original game.

- Counter icons are inconsistent. Sometimes they appear too late or not at all during combat. Makes it more difficult to evade or counter. Therefore you receive damage. Even if the counter icons appear inconsistently, you can still counter by looking at the animation of the attack from the enemy and time it correctly. In the original there were no problems with the consistency of the counter icons.

- Second bug is when you are trying to flee enemies that are about to attack you. This is especially noticeable during the mission where you chase Thomas Hickey in New York or when you are fleeing the Brazil stadium as Desmond Miles. When you're running away from an enemy, when the enemy is about to attack you, his reach suddenly gets extended so that you always receive damage. Even when you are supposed to be far away enough from the attack. It almost looks like they teleport or slide fast into position to be able to hit you with their attack. This is also an issue that is not present in the original game.

These 2 things make the combat and fleeing the combat more complicated than it should have been. I'm all up for a challenge but... this is not the right kind of challenge we need.

There is also another thing. Regarding stealth and detection.

- The detection rate from the enemies seems to be faster than in the original. And more unreliable. During the assassination mission on William Johnson, when climbing the mountain to use a ledge assassination on an enemy, he spotted me even before I could press the button to use the ledge assassination. The enemies field of vision seems to be bugged or so much better that you get instantly detected on ledges. It wasn't that unforgiving in the original and it completely discourages ledge assassination because of that.

Dtheawesome9010's Avatar Senior Member
    The counter icons yeah I noticed that too everything else I didn't even notice as well maybe I dont have them maybe I do and don't notice

Originally Posted by Optimus_Bull Go to original post
    I have encountered 2 bugs regarding combat that is not present in the original game.

- Counter icons are inconsistent. Sometimes they appear too late or not at all during combat. Makes it more difficult to evade or counter. Therefore you receive damage. Even if the counter icons appear inconsistently, you can still counter by looking at the animation of the attack from the enemy and time it correctly. In the original there were no problems with the consistency of the counter icons.

- Second bug is when you are trying to flee enemies that are about to attack you. This is especially noticeable during the mission where you chase Thomas Hickey in New York or when you are fleeing the Brazil stadium as Desmond Miles. When you're running away from an enemy, when the enemy is about to attack you, his reach suddenly gets extended so that you always receive damage. Even when you are supposed to be far away enough from the attack. It almost looks like they teleport or slide fast into position to be able to hit you with their attack. This is also an issue that is not present in the original game.

These 2 things make the combat and fleeing the combat more complicated than it should have been. I'm all up for a challenge but... this is not the right kind of challenge we need.

There is also another thing. Regarding stealth and detection.

- The detection rate from the enemies seems to be faster than in the original. And more unreliable. During the assassination mission on William Johnson, when climbing the mountain to use a ledge assassination on an enemy, he spotted me even before I could press the button to use the ledge assassination. The enemies field of vision seems to be bugged or so much better that you get instantly detected on ledges. It wasn't that unforgiving in the original and it completely discourages ledge assassination because of that.
    Regarding fleeing enemies, this was very much in the original game and it's not a bug. You just have to jump when the enemy does that. They always catch up with you.
    The detection rate is also more or less the same. You don't ledge assassinate a guard who is standing adjacent to his fellow soldier. In order to ledge assassinate the other guards' backs need to be turned away.

The ledge assassination problem I talked about happened with only 1 enemy present and that was the one I was supposed to kill.
    I hang on the ledge under him and he noticed me right away.

Even if it did happen in the original, it did so much more rarely than in the remaster.
    I even replayed those parts in the original to verify before posting the thread.