Blood effects

Iíve noticed that in AC3 remastered, blood from combat no longer stays on the ground. I remember this being a big feature in the previous gen, where it was a really striking visual especially in the snow. It might seem trivial, but I see no reason why this seems to have been removed In the remastered edition.

Is this a bug? A conscious decision? Anyone else notice this? I hope Ubisoft addresses this in an Update soon.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey j27854,

I have not had the chance to have any fights in the snow on the Remaster yet, could you provide any video or screenshots showing that the blood effects are not there?

I do not have access to my System right now, but if you compare any combat video from the original game to the remastered, you can see that the blood in the original would stay on the ground, while in the remastered, it just falls through the floor.

The issue is not specific to snow, the blood from combat never stays on the ground regardless. This used to be a nice feature in the original game, where it could be used to track animals or enemies while hunting. But the effect is completely absent in the new game, and Iím not sure if itís a bug. I am certain it should t be a technical limitation after all, if it was possible in the original game.

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Can you check your in game options to see if you have the option for blood turned on.

No Blood in Snow BUG

Originally Posted by j27854 Go to original post
    Iíve noticed that in AC3 remastered, blood from combat no longer stays on the ground. I remember this being a big feature in the previous gen, where it was a really striking visual especially in the snow. It might seem trivial, but I see no reason why this seems to have been removed In the remastered edition.

Is this a bug? A conscious decision? Anyone else notice this? I hope Ubisoft addresses this in an Update soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shnDj9e6lUo

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi AdamZ2701 That video appears to have been removed. Were you trying to share a video of the issue?

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    I can confirm that this issue has been reported to the dev team since my last post and they are looking into this.