Infamous Smuggler Camps bug is still there.

So, congratulations to everyone, that old and well known bug didn't go anywhere.
    The quest 'Mapping the Bayou' becomes available in 5 sequence. If you loot any chest before returning to Roussillon after discovering first three smuggler camps or before killing all of the enemies in the camp, you're basically screwed. After looting treasure chest it'll disappear from the game for good and if you'll kill enemies who guarding it, you'll get the message 'Loot the chest'. But you can't do it because there is no chest anymore. After you will go beyond green circle on the map that marks the camp territory, enemies will spawn again, and again, and again. So don't do it. Locate first three camps, return to Roussillon, then go to smuggler camps, kill all enemies first, then loot the chests. There is no workaround for this bug, if it happened, you'll never be able to find Mackandal’s Secret Stash until your next playthrough.

And it's not the only bug that wasn't fixed, all other bugs that I remember are still in the game too. Nobody bothered to look at them.
    Good job, Ubisoft.
     3 people found this helpful

And yes, I'm talking about remastered version of ACL.

Anykeyer's Avatar Senior Member
    Its the same with AC3R. Lots of different and well known bugs were left untouched.

Originally Posted by Anykeyer Go to original post
    Its the same with AC3R. Lots of different and well known bugs were left untouched.
    not only that, but they added entirely new bugs
     3 people found this helpful

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Finoderi,

Can you provide any videos of the bug so we can forward it to the dev team and get it looked at?

Thank you!

Unfortunately I don't have video recording stuff as of now and I'm not your beta-tester. As I've said before this bug is well known for a long time. These are the threads about the bug on your own forum that you don't give a flying... fly about: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...1#post10586348
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...ler-side-quest
    https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...=1#post9492951

It's now July 2019.
    I'm only playing Liberation now, but the bug is still there. I didn't realise you're not supposed to loot the chests in the initial part of the mission.
    Now the first 3 camps are basically incomplete because I can't loot the chest

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Originally Posted by Finoderi Go to original post
    So, congratulations to everyone, that old and well known bug didn't go anywhere.
    The quest 'Mapping the Bayou' becomes available in 5 sequence. If you loot any chest before returning to Roussillon after discovering first three smuggler camps or before killing all of the enemies in the camp, you're basically screwed. After looting treasure chest it'll disappear from the game for good and if you'll kill enemies who guarding it, you'll get the message 'Loot the chest'. But you can't do it because there is no chest anymore. After you will go beyond green circle on the map that marks the camp territory, enemies will spawn again, and again, and again. So don't do it. Locate first three camps, return to Roussillon, then go to smuggler camps, kill all enemies first, then loot the chests. There is no workaround for this bug, if it happened, you'll never be able to find Mackandal’s Secret Stash until your next playthrough.

And it's not the only bug that wasn't fixed, all other bugs that I remember are still in the game too. Nobody bothered to look at them.
    Good job, Ubisoft.
    Well they did fix the percentage tracking issue (which this affects) in the statistics screen...by removing the statistics screen...

Just ran into this bug myself, the mission isn't clear at all that you're just supposed to scout out the camps, it just says "Don't kill anyone" and no one is aggro, plus the chest is pointed at during the mission. I don't recall this ever being a problem on the Vita either so it's dumb it's happening in this version specifically.