R2 button doesn't work

The R2 button does not work: i can't break the door lock in the Opera (first sequence) and i can't proceed to assassinate Haytham's target. Basically, i'm literally stuck. Hope this will be fixed soon

Dtheawesome9010's Avatar Senior Member
    When you said R2 button wasn't working I thought u were having trouble running lol. Lock picking in that game has always been bad

Originally Posted by Dtheawesome9010 Go to original post
    When you said R2 button wasn't working I thought u were having trouble running lol. Lock picking in that game has always been bad
    Yeah, characters run really slow too..

I am having the same problem here. Canít complete certain missions like the river run mission because Connor doesnít run fast enough

You guys hold the button tight right? Thats how I solved it but yea I agree with you guys on this if it wasn't our fault

Originally Posted by Dtheawesome9010 Go to original post
    You guys hold the button tight right? Thats how I solved it but yea I agree with you guys on this if it wasn't our fault
    Yes i did, but still nothing happened. I thought it could've been my controller, but the button worked on other games without any problem
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Giangix86 Go to original post
    Yes i did, but still nothing happened. I thought it could've been my controller, but the button worked on other games without any problem
    Yea I noticed as well today i tested again and it cleared up now I'm confused as hell if I did hold the button tight or not like legit I feel weird because of it Edit: yea it's the game i know full damn well I'm holding the button and to sprint I have to hold TIGHT on that button last thing I need is a friggin finger hurting or broken due to how tight i gotta hold it

I have tried updating it says itsv1.01which I assume is the day one patch...I have downloaded it again and installed it but I get the same problem I can run and enter high profile but not break the lock at the opera I have replaced the contact and held the button down tapped the r2 any ideas what else to do

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there everyone,

I'm going to move this to the Support forum, so our Support team can look into this more.

Is there any more news about a fix for this because at the moment I still canít play the game and itís increadably I fustrating as this is one of my favourite ones in the franchise and was excited for it my controller does work its just very confusing because other games I have donít have this issue with the right 2 trigger is there any news about any updates coming for the game to help as I canít even get past this scene since the game launched