🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    MOD_Freeway's Avatar Anno Moderator

Discussion : Ubisoft is partnering with Epic Games store for Anno 1800

Good evening,

if you have any questions or feedback about this topic : Ubisoft is partnering with Epic Games store for Anno 1800

do not hesitate to write them down here.

best,

MOD_Freeway

I have a couple of questions:

- is the exclusivity deal a timed exclusive? will anno 1800 come back to steam in the future?
    - was the exclusivity a recent decision or was it planned from the beginning?
    - if the game gets DLC in the future will they be available on steam?
    - how would anno 1800 benefit from the exclusivity?

Is the Steam version gonna have achievements and trading cards? And what about upcoming DLCs, are they releasing on Steam?

I actually want to address the elephant in the room. WTF?

I think it is an aweful decision and I normally do not feel the need to express my anger but in that case I make an exception.
    If I still could I would refund my pre-order from Anno 1800 after the partnership announcement with EPIC.
    I do get that you as a company try to get the most out of your games from a financial point of view, but
    exclusives are restricting me as a user and forcing me to use products or services I do not want to.
    It is the middle finger to all of your customers and long term partners. You just showed all you care about is the actual numbers on your paycheck and nothing else.

I hope Epic will fail with their pursuit of exclusive content. The only thing they do is destroy an open market and healthy business competition.
    The opposite of what they actually claim to do with entering the games selling business. I don't like being forced as a customer to have to use service A and service B.
    I want to chose the platform I get my games on and if that means I have to pay 10/15 bucks more on Steam™ than on Uplay or Epic so be it, but do not force me to go somewhere else.

I actually thought I was doing a good deed by buying this game early, cause I had so much fun with all of the Anno series.

I'm just one dude, but you definitely lost one customer over this.
     18 people found this helpful

MOD_Freeway's Avatar Anno Moderator
    Originally Posted by HJP1 Go to original post
    Is the Steam version gonna have achievements and trading cards? And what about upcoming DLCs, are they releasing on Steam?
    I'll try to get the information as fast as possible

about the DLC look here :

Will future patch and content be available to Steam players?
    Steam buyers will receive all future content and game updates at the same time as players on other digital storefronts.
    best,

MOD_Freeway

I am really disappointed by that decision, even slightly angry. This is just unfair to all Steam customers. Such politics makes me like Ubisoft much less.

I am a fan of the Anno series, already played the Anno 1800 closed beta, really loved it and pre-ordered the game on Steam a few weeks ago.
    If it would not be such a long awaited game for me, i would just cancel my pre-order and not buy it at all.

Btw., that's what i actually did with The Division 2. I had planned to buy it on Steam, but since you removed it there i simply did not buy it at all.

I am also a big fan of the Assassin's Creed series, owning every part of it. If you also make future games of that series (or future Anno games) exclusive to the epic store (or any other), you definitely lost one customer for all your future games, forever. Just chatted with a few colleagues, who basically think the same way.
     9 people found this helpful

i got one quiestion as with launcher , uplay is still gonna be the main launcher right ? cause i will not set foot in epic game store as launcher
     2 people found this helpful

You didn't answer if the exclusivity is timed (1 year for example) or permanent.
     5 people found this helpful

My only feedback to this decision is that you lost a sale because of this decision.
    And no, I won't pre-order the game now to avoid EGS, I don't like pre-orders, even if the beta was fun and promising.
    This kinda hurts as long time Anno fan.

https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-on-pull...at-ever-again/
     6 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by MasaKnight Go to original post
    You didn't answer if the exclusivity is timed (1 year for example) or permanent.
    Yeah I'd like to know this too. Additionally, I have all the main Assassin's Creed games on Steam; are no future ubi games ever gonna appear on Steam? I'd really like to continue my collection in one place.
     4 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►