I feel like it would be a great stat to free the slaves, recruit those who want to come with you, and then collect the Dwalite. Destroy as many of them Slavemasters as you want. It would be a reflection of the ending of Forty Lashes, where the whip snaps. It could be the slaves doing the same thing their master did to them, to their master.
     1 people found this helpful

I love those news
    Personally I would prefer to robb the cargo. To free slaves is not necessarly good for them: they can live while doing this dangerous job (collecting diwalite), they can be satisfied as it allows tthem to survive and to perhaps even feed a family (therfore, freeing them would put them and their family in danger). I imagine hey could turn against us, which is something that I do not want. I will help those who want to be helped (if they ask it). Otherwise I woud take what they collected.

We could imagine anothe kind of robbery : the slaves will have to deliver what they collected at some point , right ? So we could trick them thinking they deliver it to the same person and, once the package is loaded on the transporting vehicule, we would run away with it.

Can't wait to get other news from you !

Vengence

Originally Posted by Kl00k606 Go to original post
    I love those news
    Personally I would prefer to robb the cargo. To free slaves is not necessarly good for them: they can live while doing this dangerous job (collecting diwalite), they can be satisfied as it allows tthem to survive and to perhaps even feed a family (therfore, freeing them would put them and their family in danger). I imagine hey could turn against us, which is something that I do not want. I will help those who want to be helped (if they ask it). Otherwise I woud take what they collected.

We could imagine anothe kind of robbery : the slaves will have to deliver what they collected at some point , right ? So we could trick them thinking they deliver it to the same person and, once the package is loaded on the transporting vehicule, we would run away with it.

Can't wait to get other news from you !
    Free the slaves and together steal the cargo they risked their lives to harvest. Take down the Master class. Share the wealth.

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    I don't know if rescuing would work, because the hybrids are tricked into believing they will get their freedom if they work. Having someone say "Hey, they are lying to you, don't listen." You might only get a few to follow, but too many would think you're trying to rob them of freedom. But still, I'd try to rescue as many as I could.

WHAT?! I am not sharing anything! X) Don't get me wrong.. I'm gonna be a pirate that cares about his own crew and his own purpose. I won't be the lawfully good pirate kind. I ll be more like neutral chaotic pirate (a pragmatic one who knows that reality is harsh and that you are never rewarded for doing a good action. I will perform good actions if I profit from it and most of the time in a chaotic way).
    I would like my purpose not to be directed against the freedom of slaves (eventually abolition of slavery instead of freeing all the slaves). I would like to find the answer of this universe's misteries because I am curious and because my character would like to improve his own condition (and even build my own "country" for refugees/slaves in the end, who knows). I would like to recruit people to build a group of trustworthy members who would share the same purpose (or part of it). Of course as I would be a controversial pirate, not everyone of my crew would approve every single of my actions, which would lead to treason sometimes. (Also I hope we do not begin as pirate captain but that we can first intergrate a crew or build it from sratch and then become a captain (because you worked for it and that you deserved it))

Me and my crew will be explorers and treasure hunters first, heroes second. we need the proper resources before we can think about saving anyone but, we will focus on freeing slaves and destroying all those who decide to continue trafficking the innocent souls of system 3

im on the sam side you cant free anyone that doesn't want to be saved

Both are better

Why not do both. Why not creat two separate objectives for the same chapter with like two or three little sub objectives per primary and secondary objective that mesh the two objectives together. And as an extra bonus have a small group of creed slaves who want revenge team up with the main pirate group to get their licks in so to speak and then give them the opportunity to join the crew after the the cargo ship has been overtaken and raided

Correction to first sentence

There is supposed to be a question mark at the end of that first statement. Sorry!

I would be interested in a system that highlights a risk vs reward mechanic.

I imagine a scenario where you are really trying to just get as much loot as you possibly can (maybe you don't have room for many more in your crew?). So, you are trying to be super sneaky. Then, you accidentally get noticed by a slave miner. Then, do you try to convince him/her to join you? Pay them off to keep quiet? kill them on the spot? It would probably be easier to craft some of these unique scenarios with a select few "legendary" characters, but I wonder if this type of emergent game play would be possible with regular NPC's! And maybe the risk vs reward would have to do with splitting the loot with the new accomplice, but you might be able to carry more loot. Or the possibility to get more loot with the help of another character, but it would heighten the chance of getting caught.

But to simply answer the question, I'd like to be sneaky.