Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member

[PC-MOD] Steve64b's Far Cry 5 Arcade Editormod adds MORE OBJECTS!

Marking the game's 1-year anniversary, I released my Far Cry 5 Arcade PC Editormod to the public!

MOD FEATURES:
    • 20,000+ (!) objects added to the Editor, among which:
      • ~ 200 additional weapon & ammunition assets (weapon skins, Mortar Cluster, Magnopulsar, RPG Cluster Incendiary, Arrow Explosive)
      • Static objects from the campaign/DLCs (including those previously released in my "NEW ASSETS" map )
      • AI: Hundreds more added from Campaign/DLC Characters.
      • Animation Points & Control Zones: Follow player, convert to other factions, change AI awareness state.
    • Hundreds more Generic Object Textures.
    • More Skies, Cloud Shadows, Backdrops, Music, PostFX filters & effects.
    • NEW scripting actions:
      • "Force Equip Weapon" : with option to turn ammo infinite.
      • "Change HUD Objective" : List of numbers with text values can be checked at https://text.farcry.info
      • "Lock player input" : player can't move but only look around.
      • "Unlock player input" : re-enable player input.
    • Limited scripting (and AI) options for multiplayer maps
    • Misc. Quality of Life tweaks

COMPATIBILITY NOTES:
    • Maps published with this mod are playable even without the mod installed! The mod is only required to load them in the editor.
    • Mod is PC only, but some specific mods settings in maps can port over to console through MapSwapper. Read the readme file.
    • The naming scheme of the new entres is rather rough, I suggest you use the search. Not all objects come with a thumbnail, and some may not even work properly. I removed most nonworking assets, but be sure to test, test, test your map!

MORE INFO & DOWNLOAD:
    download from Nexusmods

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS THIRD-PARTY EDITOR MOD IS NOT SANCTIONED BY UBISOFT. YOUR (MIS)USE OF THIS MOD IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY!
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The mod ONLY enhances the editor & the maps people make with it. It does NOT touch any game mechanics.
     2 people found this helpful

jcoffeycup73's Avatar Member
    I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I am now able to copy assets from one map and paste into another!

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by jcoffeycup73 Go to original post
    I don't know if this is common knowledge, but I am now able to copy assets from one map and paste into another!

It is a little disturbing seeing that people can copy and paste assets from any map on PC and save into their own map.

There are people some people who make assets for others to share this went back to Far Cry 2 (maybe earlier but it was popular with FC2)
    The credit went to the creator which is good for them but also meant that on saving the asset you then had their name as the original map creator.

With Far Cry 4 there was a tool built by Steve Botter who put mapswapper together, this allowed people to share assets similar to how it works in the video with copy / paste - it was only ever given out to select people who could be trusted and these were not the type who would steal other peoples work to use as their own.

This is PC only with Far Cry 5, thanks to jcoffeycup73 for mentioning this on the Ubisoft Forums - unsure how many people are aware of this.

The positives are that friends / map builders can share / use assets from their maps and the negatives are that anyone on PC can take these assets and save as their own - the game is more in decline with low numbers of maps been released and most would know who made what from the quality maps been released if they are within communities who follow other map builders.

Moving forward I like the idea but wish there was some form of protection for map builders, also would like to see this on consoles but currently we are limited to how many items we can copy / paste.

So imagine either a place where you upload creations that are tagged with your name so anyone looking knows who has made what, if you use these creations maybe there is a place where it lists the asset creators names which you placed in your map.

That would be really helpful for anyone not that creative so they can have cool stuff in their maps, also those creating the assets to be used get a mention so good for everyone.

Or have an option so people can tick a box to allow others to share assets from their map - say I don't want people using anything I make then I just keep the box un-ticked.
    If a friend wanted something I could then go into settings and tick the box and they could copy the items and paste them into their map then I could simply go back to settings and un-tick that box to protect my work again - or tick it to allow anyone free access.

Something like this isn't good when abused but could be such an amazing tool to have if implemented correctly so hopeful if we get another editor this type of thing could be expanded upon as a very useful tool everyone will love.

Yeah, I made that feature available in my editormod.

I debated for a long time whether or not I should put that in to be honest. As you know I don't like people "stealing" other works without credit and contrary to MapSwapper where I can overlay the original creator name in the thumbnail, copying assets can't have any "plagiarism protection" enforced.

However, to further the community and stimulate innovation and collaboration, I decided to have it in. Players were already releasing asset maps, yet we had no way of combining assets from multiple maps. Now we have, and I truly hope this feature will get used. It would mean there's an interest in having some kind of "blueprint" feature in the editor, possibly useful for future versions.

If only the game implemented more ways for map makers to interact with eachother, maybe everyone would create responsibly, and automatically give credit where credit is due. Sure there will always be players who just blatantly copy and paste things and original creators may not like that. But in the end I truly think this feature can help people create even more interesting maps, which should be enouch incentive for everyone to like it.

PS. Even before the game was released, I discussed releasing a "blueprint" feature with Fino and Janne252. We had a similar experiment in Far Cry 4 which worked too. However, we were unsure whether the editor would still support our mods with future updates so we thought it too risky to implement.

Also, this blueprint feature would only have worked on PC, so swapping/sharing with consoles would not have been possible. At least this "copy" option in my editormod produces maps that can still port over to consoles.
     1 people found this helpful

Fallen-Champ's Avatar Senior Member
    Foolishly I thought it was for everyone, I should have known as this is in the forum topic for your MOD
    It is a very cool feature and as the MOD has to be installed I think almost everyone will be respectful if/when using the copy to clipboard feature.

The submarine in the video I would love to use for a Far Cry 3 recreation of SubPen, I think I can build the map but would struggle with the sub so if I ever take on that map will ask Mike G Live if he is ok with me using that.

SaintPerkele's Avatar Senior Member
    Mod looks super interesting, I'll be downloading it soon!

Just a quick question in advance:

- Are the notes from the main game included somewhere? i.e. can I modify them to display custom text or is that not possbile?

- I read somewhere that custom objectives are included. Are they completely custom or is it used by 'recycling' objectives from the main game?

Thanks for your work, steve!

I'm just excited I can copy and reuse my own created assets. Wasn't thinking about the 'stealing' thing.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by SaintPerkele Go to original post
    - Are the notes from the main game included somewhere? i.e. can I modify them to display custom text or is that not possbile?

- I read somewhere that custom objectives are included. Are they completely custom or is it used by 'recycling' objectives from the main game?
    Custom notes aren't included. Thanks for the reminder, I should look into getting notes in there as MOD objects. Unfortunately I haven't been able to add new Object Preferences, so I can't make a note object with customizable texts. Instead, I'll have to make a new object per text that's supposed to go on the letter.

The Custom Objectives probably refer to the new Scripting Action "SET HUD TEXT" that can customize the text shown in the topleft corner. You'll have to enter a number to reference the corresponding text though, see http://text.farcry.info for a searchable list of all texts with their numbers. There are about 30000 lines to pick from, they're the same ones as I will use for making the notes.

The Custom Objectives probably refer to the new Scripting Action "SET HUD TEXT" that can customize the text shown in the topleft corner. You'll have to enter a number to reference the corresponding text though, see http://text.farcry.info for a searchable list of all texts with their numbers.
    I ran a little test and was able to get a line of text to appear. But the text replaces 'Enemies killed' text. I put a 5 second delay and tried to reset the message using 251650 and 251652 but it says 'Enemies Killed: 0/0' instead of the actual amount. Do you know how to get the true enemy count back after displaying a message? Thanks.

p.s. I didn't see 'SET HUD TEXT' but rather mine says 'Change HUD objective' is that what you meant?

Thanks for doing this !! I enjoy making maps for myself and i'm looking forward to taking advantage of everything new it has to offer...

There's a lot of new things and it's a little overwhelming... But i was curious about the NAVlink stuff and convoys in particular.

I really enjoyed the "derby" mission in the new dawn series and keep scratching my head as to how they achieve it.. i'd love to create something similar but maybe on a larger scale.

I do understand how to spawn ai and get them into vehicles - moving to a point. - but beyond that i'm having trouble.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►