ItsJustBuck's Avatar Community Manager

Developer Update: Monday Madness!

Hey everyone, Buck from RedLynx here! I’m here to bring you our brand new Monday version of the weekly Developer Update.

THIS WEEK

As you’ll soon see, we’re trying a different format for these Developer Updates going forward. We want to start bringing you this information on Monday, so you’ll know what to expect for the rest of the week and bring a fun way for you to visualize the entire week. So, without further ado, here is our brand new Weekly Timetable:

As you can see, we’ve got another week full of things to do, from a 24-hour event to Challenge mode, a weekend event and Team Wars in between. The 24-hour event is a card use event, as you can see by the card use icon in the “Tuesday” tab. This week’s Challenge mode starts on Wednesday and it will be the return of the “Wimpy Kid Challenge”, where both New Kids are level 1. To end the week (or start the weekend), we’ll have the return of Satan event, which will be a token collection event. The weekly point totals are the same as usual.

NEXT UPDATE

The team has been hard at work on the next update coming to South Park: Phone Destroyer. This update has a ton of cool things, some of which I can share with you today!

One of the biggest things in the next update is a complete revamp of the PvP ladder system. Instead of the current system, with 1-50 PvP ranks and stars in-between, then PvP rank 51 (Legendary), every player will be getting a Skill Rating. This will change the entire PvP ladder and will also make it so there are different reward tiers within the Legendary arena. I’ll have more info for you in next week’s Developer Update!

There will also be some added rewards in the PvE map. You’ll be able to earn some extra rewards for advancing to different areas and if you’ve already completed those levels, you can just go claim them on the map! If you haven’t completed them, now you’ve got something to grind for!

There will also be some more Team Wars improvements, various bug fixes and one more thing we’ll announce soon.

The Update is currently scheduled for Mid-April, so it's just a few weeks away!

That’s everything I have to share for now! As usual, if you have any questions or comments, let us know!

Until next time, we’ll see you on the streets of South Park!

Love,
    -Your Community Team!
     2 people found this helpful

Bringing the developer updates to a Monday is great news. It never made sense to me why they where done mid week when the events where up and running, never the less this is fantastic.

Also loving the fact that you are addressing the pve and adding rewards in, great news.
     1 people found this helpful

Good change to do this at the start of the week, and really positive to hear that you'll be fixing the ranking system to finally encourage people to play at their real level (I hope!!!).

You guys are teases though... need some real details!

How do you define skill?

Ubi-Toller's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by camelchasers Go to original post
    You guys are teases though... need some real details!
    As soon as details are finalized and we know more, we'll be sure to share it. Promise!

finally pve rewards for completion of levels

fecog's Avatar Member
    These are definitely promising news and hope for great improvements - I do hope they will truly come true! We'll see.
     2 people found this helpful

You could seeze the opportunity to give us the last 100 pve levels for the reward to be achievable.

Looking forward for ranking/matchmaking changes

I'm really curious about how the skill rating will be measured. In any case it must contain some 'skill' measurement and not something else like the level of your cards, because otherwise it should be called, level rating, or wallet investment rating :3. For it to be called 'skill rating' properly we trully need to have a client side, because only then you can begin to talk about skill, without being conditioned to units suddenly reviving or dealing extra hits, or units staying static longer than they should be, etc. Dear developers please keep that in mind.

Toller - Will the Satan event have a guaranteed legendary upon completion? I'm still looking for my first copy of Satan.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►