"there was a problem authenticating the ownership of this product" - Oculus - UK

How do i fix this? Signed out and in, checked linked accounts, even linked facebook.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Barcode6181 Go to original post
    How do i fix this? Signed out and in, checked linked accounts, even linked facebook.
    same problem

Same.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey! This issue normally occurs when you are signed into the wrong account in Uplay. Please double check that you are signed into the account that the game is activated on.

If so and you are still getting the error, please create a support ticket and include the following:

Full screenshot of your proof of purchase.

A screenshot of the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\user_profile (or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\ownership)

This folder stores Uplay IDs of all accounts that have been logged to on this PC, this is quite useful for our investigation.

You can create a support ticket here: https://support.ubi.com

Thank you.

Support is useless

When chatting with support they obviously had no idea how oculus software worked and were totally confused. I can play bridge crew so why couldn't I play space junkies open beta. I told them I wasnt the only one having this problem and showed the link to the review where over 50% of the reviews had the same issue. I showed them q screen shot and they escalated my ticket.. it's been 23 hours and I haven't gotten **** back from them.

Launch is in 4 days and they think they want to charge 40 bucks?!? Come on guys what a joke of an open beta.

athentication game

Originally Posted by Teskin2016 Go to original post
    When chatting with support they obviously had no idea how oculus software worked and were totally confused. I can play bridge crew so why couldn't I play space junkies open beta. I told them I wasnt the only one having this problem and showed the link to the review where over 50% of the reviews had the same issue. I showed them q screen shot and they escalated my ticket.. it's been 23 hours and I haven't gotten **** back from them.

Launch is in 4 days and they think they want to charge 40 bucks?!? Come on guys what a joke of an open beta.
    you have to authenticate the game on Uplay first THEN start the game on rift or vive
    worked for me.

UbiChrisMANG's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi all! If you are still having authentication issues, would you try again and post here as to whether or not you were successful this time?

Fix

Log out of Ubisoft app and login back again by starting the game. Worked for me

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Zackilele Go to original post
    Log out of Ubisoft app and login back again by starting the game. Worked for me
    Thanks for sharing your solution for this issue, Zackilele!

Should anyone still be experiencing authentication issues with Space Junkies, let us know, and we'll be happy to assist further. I'd recommend opening a support case via our website for any account, key or license-based issues, as our team can best assist there, and in private