Co-op SCALING not working -- I can't play with my friends

When joining friends, or they join me, my friends go down after 1-2 shots, making the co-op experience unplayable and not fun. I hope this can be fixed because the only solution is I don't play the game so my friends can catch up, meaning I can't play on launch weekend.

I'm level 15. My friends are levels 3, 5 and 7 respectively.
    If they join me or I join them, they all scale up to level 14 as appropriate.
    They report they are doing a lot of damage with weapons and skills as intended.
    However, they are killed in 1-2 hits by enemies.
    I also notice I can go down much more easily.
    If I leave their game, the level 5 and 7 have a much, much easier time while the level 3 still has a much harder time.

This occurs when we play in any PvE activity: free roam, public events, and side and main missions. We tried a few different times by leaving each other's games and joining each other's games. And we've tried with many different PvE activities, yet the result was the same.
    We have not played together in DZ or Conflict so I can't speak to our experience there.

This occurred Friday, March 15 and Saturday, March 16. Both days from around 8:00 PM - 1:00 AM EDT.
    We are all located in the NYC area.

I can confirm I don't experience this if I matchmake with other players for a main mission.

I hope this can be resolved very, very soon. Definitely seems like a priority since if we want to play together, we all need to be the same level. Which means I need to stop playing so my friends can catch up. But that is not a realistic scenario.

Thank you

Official bug report ref #: 08354098

System:
    • Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
    • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
    • Memory: 16384MB RAM
    • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
     10 people found this helpful

Yes, this is happening to me as well.

Had to start a new character to play with my friends as they weren't having any fun being constantly downed in 1-2 hits. Not a good first experience for my friends that weren't really into the first division.

This is a huge problem. Cooperative gameplay is a core mechanic of this game, and it is currently utterly broken. Players of different levels are effectively unable to play in the same group.

I've seen some players claiming that the difference in survivability isn't that bad when all party members are below level 30, but that simply isn't the case. As a level 17, I can't play with my level 10 friend because he is constantly being one-shot by even the weakest mobs. He either has to play solo, or spend the entire game hiding behind cover, doing nothing.

Please fix this. Thanks in advance.
     1 people found this helpful

Same problem here. Really sucks since terrible first experience for my friends who haven’t played before. Otherwise game is awesome. Please fix ASAP.

Yes thank you for creating this bug report. I have the same issue. When I jump in a friend's game I'm squishy as hell. Initially I thought I was being too aggressive so I started playing a lot more timidly. I still died. Someone's there is no warning. The bullet melts through my full armor and hp like I was running around with 10% hp and 0% armor. I've even died cover to cover. I want to play with my friends.

We are old. We have kids and families and our play times are inconsistent and sporadic. I may take a couple weeks to get 30. I'm ok with that. I would just like to be able to play with my friends.

Thank you.
     2 people found this helpful

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for reaching out about this! If possible, any video showing this in actions would help immensely. Please note that I've passed this thread onto the team along with your feedback on the co-op system.

J_Cato's Avatar Junior Member
    This is happening to me too. I started in the early access, and I can't co-op with people who came in with the official release because they are much lower level and this scaling error makes them die pretty much instantly to everything in co-op.

+! to the OP, this is preventing me from enjoying the game with some friends

I can confirm. There's problem with scaling.

This is happening to me as well and it's not very fun.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►