Ok so Game crashes during tutorial.

So game was crashing during the tutorial, shortly before i lost audio.

So me being me when i searching for others who are suffering, found 2 posts similar one regarding graphic drivers trying to roll back to fix, the other audio problems.

So checked both, and saw the division guys saying about Logitech headsets surround sounds causing the issues, first of I thought pft.... but tried it anyway and no change audio goes game then crashes....

I then unplugged the dongle that my g430s come with that is used to enable the 7.1 and allows the headset to talk to the software.... using the headset without the dongle appears to have fixed it.

But how in the hell is that whats causing the issue, my headsets dongle and the actual way to use my headset????
     2 people found this helpful

bumping this so others can see
     2 people found this helpful

Ty so much. THIS HELPED.

I had audio but it went off and the game start cruching.

I removed the dongle like you said, and everyting ok. No crach and audio OK.

I noticed before craching, that the benchmark test, my GPU always was at under 70%, For some reason the audio was limiting the GPU.

I have:
    G430 Headset, logitech

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for the workaround! We have been recommending disabling the Logitech software regarding issues like this. Please note that bumping threads is against the forum rules.

OK that fine but disabling the software doesn't help the crashes caused by the interaction between the sound card dongle for the Logitech headsets and the game, all it does it help the audio loss but they game still crashes out... so hopefully this can get fixed and fast because you lose all the functionality of the headset like the 7.1 the mic quality everything... just disabling the software is not going to be acceptable as a solution.

As to the bumping i managed to help someone else and bring this to your attention which it may not have done if it had been buried another 20 posts back, I am sorry but against the rules or not I would say it helps

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    I appreciate your consideration, but please note that bumping raises forum traffic and clutter unnecessarily and moves more active threads down the page. Therefore, we recommend against it. I will include a link to this thread in the sticky as well.

Use w/o Dongle?

I was very excited to see I might have a great fix that seemed to work. I tried to unplug the dongle and plug my g430 directly into the PC but it did not work. The G430 disappeared from installed list and I did not see my onboard sound as option. How do you use the G430 headset w/o the dongle? Cheers.

Can't speak for a G430, but for the G933, I found that switching the game's sound output to another output like the monitor's speakers fixed the crashes, then I just plug that into my headset's Aux in jack.

Originally Posted by steveb1872 Go to original post
    I was very excited to see I might have a great fix that seemed to work. I tried to unplug the dongle and plug my g430 directly into the PC but it did not work. The G430 disappeared from installed list and I did not see my onboard sound as option. How do you use the G430 headset w/o the dongle? Cheers.
    At this time you cant but atleast it stops the crashes

Try to kill Logitech Surround System (or something like that) in you task manager before you start the game. It helped with my g433.