Why did you do this, ubisoft? Sell 2 MB of "nothing", The characters were already on the disc aren't they??? Why do you sell 2 MB for only $4.00???

'Cause they wanted more money.

LordWolv's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
    'Cause they wanted more money.

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Also to keep the fans entertained while they're working on AC3.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Why does anyone care what Ubi puts out if they aren't interested in it?
    I don't care what they sell or offer, it's their franchise and their prerogative and I hope people like whatever they get.

To me it's like asking a store why they sell items that you don't care about.... or already have.
    The store doesn't exist only for you/me.

Krayus Korianis's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
    I don't care what they sell or offer, it's their franchise and their prerogative and I hope people like whatever they get.

To me it's like asking a store why they sell items that you don't care about.... or already have.
    I think the real issue is... 320 MSP / W/E it is in money, would mean a slightly higher content output than stuff that's already on the disk.

New maps and stuff like that. Which I can understand tbh. Look at AC:B and the Da Vinci Disappearance. over 1 GB of data for 800 points. But what'd it come with? New MP chars, new modes and I believe a new map or so and also the SP DLC.

Now half of that is MP and the other half is SP. Maps, Modes and Chars for MP and just a restored sequence for SP.

I actually expected more for 320 MSP and just a 2MB download :|

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

I think the real issue is... 320 MSP / W/E it is in money, would mean a slightly higher content output than stuff that's already on the disk.

New maps and stuff like that. Which I can understand tbh. Look at AC:B and the Da Vinci Disappearance. over 1 GB of data for 800 points. But what'd it come with? New MP chars, new modes and I believe a new map or so and also the SP DLC.

Now half of that is MP and the other half is SP. Maps, Modes and Chars for MP and just a restored sequence for SP.

I actually expected more for 320 MSP and just a 2MB download :| </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

K, that would be some fair criticism, maybe I was misunderstanding the actual complaint...
    even still, if it's not what someone wants, just skip it & wait for the SP or whatever.

I've just been noticing how much bashing & criticism has been going on around this forum the past week or 2 and it almost seems to be contagious like a virus lol

I think that's more my issue overall, it's just something I've been noticing - being so close to Christmas, it's a downer after awhile.
    But that's just me

I don't even get why we're complaining about stuff we can choose to buy or not.

Originally posted by LightRey:
    I think the main thing is that the content is apparently on the disk already and we're paying to unlock it. I know you can choose to buy it or not, but to me it seems faintly outrageous. You can either think of it as Ubi charging for additional content, OR as Ubi witholding content that's already there and making you pay extra for the full game.

But you raise a valid point. I think I shall exercise my right not to buy.

Originally posted by Rakudaton:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
    I think the main thing is that the content is apparently on the disk already and we're paying to unlock it. I know you can choose to buy it or not, but to me it seems faintly outrageous. You can either think of it as Ubi charging for additional content, OR as Ubi witholding content that's already there and making you pay extra for the full game.

But you raise a valid point. I think I shall exercise my right not to buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Is that the case though? I can easily imagine simple character models and their properties being 2MB.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►