The stuff their technical support asked me to do boggles the brain... They completely ignore the fact that it works on another device just fine.
     1 people found this helpful

Same issue. Desktop is fine, Alienware laptop will not connect

I cannot get to the game on my laptop. I have a strong wifi connection. i have uninstalled, re-installed the game. I've connected to different wifi. I've logged out of uplay and back in. My desktop is fine, played all day. What is Alfa-02? I can get to the game. i have the Gold version. Need ideas.

Deadknight, what is your laptop?

Originally Posted by Moatzilla Go to original post
    Deadknight, what is your laptop?
    Alienware 15 R4

Hardwire is the only solution that works

Originally Posted by UbiMatcha Go to original post
    Hey Carbonroc!
    This is usually a connectivity error, could you try our troubleshooting first?
    Let us know how you get on!
    I'm having the same issues. Alfa-02 errors. I'm on an Alienware 15 R4 laptop. I can sign into Uplay, load the game, and get to the title screen. From there I get the error.

I plugged the ethernet cable directly to the router, and it let me in. So to confirm, wifi, no access to Division services...hardwired, I can play.

Obviously I can connect, what is going on with WiFi?

I have a 200mbps connection up and down (1000 up/down on ethernet)

Game is up to date. Signed into uplay again for fun, no avail.

Test with ethernet

Originally Posted by Moatzilla Go to original post
    The stuff their technical support asked me to do boggles the brain... They completely ignore the fact that it works on another device just fine.
    So I just tested with ethernet and I got in on the laptop. Not ideal, but now I have reposted that to the Ubi response and we'll see what they say. This is insane.

Fixed it by uninstalling Killer Performance App.

I was able to solve this issue by uninstalling killer wifi performance app. My system is Alienware 15R4. Some folks confirmed they are able to play through wired LAN connection, and I havent tried it, but someone posted about removing killer performance app, and it worked for me too!

Hope this helps!

Can confirm

It's the Killer apps on Alienware laptops. Just removed it all and now I can connect.

Originally Posted by TheSwickness Go to original post
    It's the Killer apps on Alienware laptops. Just removed it all and now I can connect.
    I’ll try uninstalling this morning. Thanks folks. Figured it was the NIC but didn’t think that software was the culprit.