awolcz's Avatar Member

Texture problems on PS4 / PS4 Pro

This issue was already reported in both Private Beta and Open Beta, but it still persists in the full game. There are serious texture and 3D model streaming issues, as some textures are displayed really blurry and start popping in after several seconds and very close to player - mostly signs, floor textures, trees. Also, some 3D models are displayed as low polygon and without textures, while they also start popping in several seconds later. Issue can be seen for example here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-qr4HJa7V0
     25 people found this helpful

Ubi-Town's Avatar Senior Member
    Hey awolcz! Thanks a lot for reporting this. I've just checked the status of this and it should've been resolved in the live game.

Would you mind providing some new video footage showing this so we can report this again? I know the issue from the beta in the video you've linked, but we'd need new footage of it to pass along if that's okay?

awolcz's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Town Go to original post
    Hey awolcz! Thanks a lot for reporting this. I've just checked the status of this and it should've been resolved in the live game.

Would you mind providing some new video footage showing this so we can report this again? I know the issue from the beta in the video you've linked, but we'd need new footage of it to pass along if that's okay?
    Hello Ubi-Town, I have uploaded new video, showing that there is no change in texture streaming since beta. Same issue is still present. Mostly with floors, signs, trees and NPCs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgTqIPRqqmA
     6 people found this helpful

I own a PS4 Pro and i can confirm this is also happening.
    For me it is more with objects than the ground. Objects like trees, cars, certain textures on walls.
    It was worse on the beta but it's still there.
     4 people found this helpful

same thing for me on on PS4 Pro, it take a little time before the texture loads back on the objects, like cars, NPCs and so on, to me it looks liek a bad lods that is not loads before we even get there, plz fix it
     3 people found this helpful

I noticed this too. Unfortunately not the expected ans necessary improvement since beta in this regard.
    Please fix the broken texture steaming on PlayStation asap. It ruins this otherwise great game.
     1 people found this helpful

I have uploaded some screenshots here: https://imgur.com/a/HsZ3TB0
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi guys,

I have reported this to the dev team to investigate.

In the mean time could you please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Rebuild PS4 database
    2. Connectivity troubleshooting

Can you also make sure you have some storage available on your hard drive and that it isn't near full capacity.

Once you have done this could you update this thread to confirm if these steps have helped in anyway.

Thanks

awolcz's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post
    Hi guys,

1. Rebuild PS4 database

Can you also make sure you have some storage available on your hard drive and that it isn't near full capacity.

Once you have done this could you update this thread to confirm if these steps have helped in anyway.

Thanks
    Hello, I tried to rebuild the DB but it unfortunately did not solve the issue. I checked the free space and I still have 100 GB free. Regarding connectivity I'm on 100 Mbit synchronous optic line and in-game connectivity shows "Region Europe" and full signal. I'm on PS4 Pro and game is installed on an internal hard drive. Anyway, I really think that this is quite wide-spread issue as three other friends has exactly same issues and when I was watching some PS4 live-streams of the game, I was able to see these issues on every one of them so far.

EDIT: There are also some regions where the issue appears with almost 100 % probability. For example when exiting theather settlement, there is a fence in front of the exit. It almost always has no textures loaded and also, when you turn right to the truck which acts as a gate, it is also most of the time with blurry texture and low polygon wheels which slowly pop-in. Another place is white house, where the NPC which gives you skills is almost always without textures and in low poly for few seconds after you enter the hall.
     5 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post
    Hi guys,

1. Rebuild PS4 database

Thanks
    I have also tried rebuilding the database with no success and as for the internet connection, I am positive that there is no issue with it.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... Last ►►