(HUGE SPOILERS!) An advice for Ubisoft: how to fix the DLC

Hello there. So, I'm glad to see the Episode 3 of The Legacy of The First Blade is out and it is the opening of the new wave of discussions and protests against the forced romance and having a baby. At first, check out the original post of this thread to understand the problem and see what should Ubisoft do with is. With the full picture of this DLC it is now easier to make any of the thoughts.

At the beginning, let's see what the third part is all about. In it's ending it reveals us the truth about Origins' Aya - she is the descendant of Kassandra or Alexios. This is a nice lore fact, but I believe that it shouldn't be achieved with violating the promise made by Ubisoft during the promotional campaign - the freedom to have a romance only with those characters we want to have romance with. Also, there is an another big event during this DLC: Natakas or Neema dies making Kassandra or Alexios cry which shows you that your protagonist have a very big feelings to this character - it is also not very good.

So, let's go to the solving of this problem. Let's be honest: the ending which reveals Aya to be the descendant of our protagonist is epic and it would be nice to save it. However, how can we do it without violating advertising campaign and offending people? I see two ways.
    The first way. During the whole DLC, Natakas or Neema goes... to the friendzone. At least, the relationships doesn't go any further than friendship. Your protagonist successfully saves Darius' son or daughter and they're all alive by the end of the DLC. In the end, there is a discussion of the importance of the bloodline. It ends up with Kassandra or Alexios and Natakas or Neema come to the agreement to have a child somewhere in the future, when they get older and be ready to do it. Because it is an "utilitarian sex", the sexual orientations and ideology of the characters will be ignored, but it will not offend the player because the player won't see his character to have this sex as well as most of their protagonist's 2500 years of life. After a long time, Aya somehow becomes the resident of Egypt, but no one knows how.
    The second way. Kassandra and Alexios disagree to have a romantic relationships with Natakas or Neema like in the first variant. However, Natakas or Neema die as it was in the original DLC. Darius fight alongside with the protagonist and, in the end, they have a conversation with the same result: "utilitarian sex" for continuing the bloodline somewhere in the future. Darius live long enough to become the father of Elpidios. Aya appears to be the resident of Egypt, but no one knows how.

The ending of the whole DLC is interesting, but is should not violate the advertising campaign and player's choices. If there are some big events happening to our character player would not like due to ideology, these events should happen after the chronological borders of Odyssey and it's DLC because after these borders Alexios or Kassandra is not our character any more.
    To the moderators: please, do not move this thread to spoilers forum, because, as you can see from the title, there was a big warning on spoilers. We want to make Ubisoft respond to us, so we want to be seen by them. Also, the previous thread can be closed because it was polluted enough and contains pretty outdated information. Thank you for your patience.

So, please, share your ideas how can this DLC be fixed. Thank you all!
     1 people found this helpful

doomsdaybunnies's Avatar Member
    SUGGESTION : Put the family BACK in the story.
    the main story line worked before, we love it, it's kinda live of a greek rockstar, full with disfunctional family, socrates, barnabas, alkibiades........

GIVE IT A LIFE

UnderNorrskenet's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Treshcore97 Go to original post
    So, please, share your ideas how can this DLC be fixed.
    LoTFB needs a full rework. But it will never happen.
    How we can fix Ubisoft?
     3 people found this helpful

And if we're forced to have this child on the screen we should have a choice if we want him to stay with K/A or go with Darius. With the way K/A were treated by the guy who was supposed to be their father I'd say they'd never ever let go of their own child.

Add Myrrine and the rest of the family, Barnabas and Herodotos too if we do this DLC after the main story. Ditching them makes zero sense.

Originally Posted by RedKMisthios Go to original post
    And if we're forced to have this child on the screen we should have a choice if we want him to stay with K/A or go with Darius. With the way K/A were treated by the guy who was supposed to be their father I'd say they'd never ever let go of their own child.

Add Myrrine and the rest of the family, Barnabas and Herodotos too if we do this DLC after the main story. Ditching them makes zero sense.
    I know right? I was kidna annoyed with them forcing a romance with Neema/Natakas and a child, but had accepted the child would be there, fine. And then they're like lol no matter what you do the child is going away, because screw the player, and screw their agency. And also screw all the choices they made before. Myrinne, Deimos and Nikolaos still alive? Whelp **** them, they'll never get to meet their grandson/nephew because well, they could be dead for some people, and I guess the writers of the DLC couldn't be arsed to make the story fit the RPG choice-based story of the main game.

Definitely not buying anymore dlc from ubisoft before its all released and critiqued, disgusting.
     2 people found this helpful

Tanja061187's Avatar Member
    The only thing I would change is to bring the family back. At least for those who did everything they could to save them all. And if they all got killed in the main story, well then at least mention it. Let Kassandra/Alexios visit their mothers grave or something...with the child. That is the only thing that really confused me. If they want to go the RPG way then they have to learn to acknowledge the players choices.

That the main character has a child with Natakas/Neema didn't bother me at all and it still doesn't because I don't feel like I am being forced into a romantic relationship. I do understand that people felt (a little) betrayed by that move. Ubisoft made the mistake of telling us that we would always be the ones to decide with whom we want a relationship or sex because let's be honest...there were no real romances in the main game. It was always like "Oh, I like him/her...let's sleep with them". And then you moved on. So yeah it was a mistake from Ubisoft to make that promise and then brake it like that. But I also get the feeling that some people get really tied up over that decision. More than they probably should.

So yeah...this thing with the family was strange but other than that the DLC made perfect sense for me. I did understand why they wanted the main character to have the child and not the sibling (even if Deimos dies at the end he/she could have had a child before that). I did understand why they killed Natakas/Neema even though it would have been nice to have a choice and I did understand why you have to send your child away to make sure it's safe.

But the DLC is complete now and I don't think that Ubisoft will change it now. All we can do is hope that they learn from this. We will see...
    Until then I'll play Odyssey again and I will enjoy it again. The main game and the DLC.

Hmm.

I remember a day where people didn't have say in the development of a creative company's game. These games will be remembered much longer because it told one story, not a hundred. would you tell an author how to write his book? Or simply choose another author? I like the ability to have such a vast amount of choices but I'm not going to bash Ubisoft because they wrote a story their way. I get that it was meant to be whoever you want to romance with, but really it wasn't THAT bad. Also, Ubisoft is pretty new at the love interest subject. If you want to play a game for that, play mass effect, or sims or something. Assassin's Creed has mainly been about prewritten story and action. Not romance.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by TortureKillerBS Go to original post
    I remember a day where people didn't have say in the development of a creative company's game. These games will be remembered much longer because it told one story, not a hundred. would you tell an author how to write his book? Or simply choose another author? I like the ability to have such a vast amount of choices but I'm not going to bash Ubisoft because they wrote a story their way. I get that it was meant to be whoever you want to romance with, but really it wasn't THAT bad. Also, Ubisoft is pretty new at the love interest subject. If you want to play a game for that, play mass effect, or sims or something. Assassin's Creed has mainly been about prewritten story and action. Not romance.
    100 agree with you Ac was always about a already written story what where told us form the beginning to the end. The Choices hurt these quality of writing and destroy the Lore. Also the take away the chance for the writers to go in one way. Like in the Legacy of the First Blade DLC. Its not perfect but the wanted to tell us how the Assassins Bloodline was created.

Also romances should never be in a AC game so we wouldn't have that problem like in Odyssey. I remember the old games and their great romantic storys and the have a good reason why the where better. They where already written and had idea behind them how the evolve.

Also these entire concept doesnt fits in with the entire concept of the animus and the Lore. Solution for this is to get over odyssey and return back to the writing style of the previous games.

Odyssey (base game) ranks as one of my favorite games but I have zero interest in the AC universe and lore and only purchased Odyssey at the recommendation of a friend and reading the description on the game page as being a choice matters, open world rpg type game. Basically AC games are and instant pass for me.

Odysseys base game did stay true to the reasons I played the game and I was, for the most part able to play it as a standalone other than the modern day story line which I completely ignored and had no emotional investment in. Pretty much lost interest in the game after Legacy of the First Blade dlc. Uninstalled the game as fast as I did FarCry 5 and its no win ending. I will say I reinstalled the base game of Odyssey and still enjoy playing it as a standalone.

While I still love Kassandra's character, I've lost the emotional ties to the game itself and am back on board to just skipping any AC titles in the future. I just don't think you can try to make a choices
    matter, rpg style game piggybacked on top of an established story, lore based game and stay true to its current fans while giving those of us that want as much control of our characters as possible without being forced into actual lore,story content. Example: Legacy of the First Blade dlc.

In the end I love Ubi's open world games but feel they need some new/fresh infusion of writers and if they want to get into the choices matter, romance, player driven story content, then they should just create a new game in a new gaming world.

nice

I totally agree with you on violating the player's choice.