View Poll Results: Should New Dawn bring back Co-Op + Fang playability?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely

4 80.00%
  • Nope

1 20.00%

The removal of Co-Op+Hire [Poll]

In far cry 5 players were capable of getting a perk that allowed you to recruit a coop partner and a fang/gun for hire. In New Dawn this was removed. I reached out to Ubisoft support asking for a reason why as i was curious as to what thought went behind the decision to remove the mechanic. The answer i got was "We didnt remove it." I checked again and asked them to please make sure or atleast tell me how because the game literally says I can't. They then replied with "Please be advised that you can't have a coop partner and fang for hire in New Dawn." Which didnt exactly help me out.

So after talking to the lovely twitter team they suggested I come here and ask you guys and potentially any Ubisoft staff that pop by on your thoughts on this, and if an update should be pushed to bring it back? I saw numerous steam community/reddit posts asking about the removal, alot of players are similar to me where my boyfriend and I loved having Cheeseburger in 5 but can't have timber or horatio in New Dawn.
     1 people found this helpful

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    There won't be any updates or changes

Originally Posted by Ubi-CJ Go to original post
    Hi there guys,

It's been discussed already in this thread, but as things stand right now, there is no additional content planned for New Dawn.

While that is the case, rest assured that we are keeping our eyes on your ideas, concerns and other feedback and are making sure that they are seen.

It is not possible to realise each and every request in a game (past, present or future) - there are so many other factors that affect such decisions, it's not as easy as that.

But you can be certain that your posts on these forums don't go unnoticed.
    As far as we are concerned, that is what these forums and other channels exist for. So by all means, keep the ideas coming!

Thanks,
    CJ

Ubi-Zubi's Avatar Community Representative
    @ KmarkoPL is correct. No additional content is in the works for Far Cry New Dawn. However, there will be future patch updates.

Ubi-Zubi's Avatar Community Representative
    @ KmarkoPL is correct. No additional content is in the works for Far Cry New Dawn. However, there will be future patch updates.

Why do you have a Suggestions and Feedbacks section if no suggestions or feedbacks can be taken; Ubisoft see users asking for content already in the game to be accessible as a fully fledged content update? I'm not asking for Ubi to add fangs for hire to the game. I'm asking for a silly restriction made which didn't exist previously to be removed. As have others. If all suggestions/feedback get responded with "we're not making changes" why does it exist in the first place?
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-CJ's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by ThatSneakyGoat Go to original post
    Why do you have a Suggestions and Feedbacks section if no suggestions or feedbacks can be taken; Ubisoft see users asking for content already in the game to be accessible as a fully fledged content update?
    This section is called "General Discussion", but I still take your point.

My post, quoted in this thread by KmarkoPL, is still valid: While it is true that New Dawn is not planned to receive any content updates, criticisms and requests are still made known to the development teams because they could prove valuable in the future, whatever it may hold for Far Cry or Ubisoft's other brands.

A couple of basic examples would be something like the change in takedown animations between Far Cry 5 and New Dawn, or having Timber sit in the passenger seat of your car.
    We received plenty of feedback on those things, for instance, and made changes accordingly.

But these things are also a question of time, resources and other factors. Based on such factors, the development team will weigh up what features and other additions can feasibly be implemented.

/CJ