Ikaros Not Killing Animals

Has anyone else had their Ikaros unable to kill goats and deer with his "swoop-down attack" since the 1.14 patch? I'm just noticing this with mine.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello RCDeschene,

I'm not aware of any changes done for Ikaros in the patch. Were you able to do one hit kills with Ikaros before the patch?

doomsdaybunnies's Avatar Member
    In nightmare mode, the animals got more HP ... My own ikaros now is unable to kill anything just damage it about 10.000 HP

I'm running into this issue too on normal.....not sure why the HP of animals that never fight needs to be increased. Stuff like deer and goats...just why? We're always intended to take them down in one shot regardless....do they even give any XP at all? Even if they do, nobody hunts these things to level up or anything so just fix their HP at like 100 or something stupidly low and if they do give any XP you can remove that too from them....pretty sure people only hunt them when a quest requires anyway....no real reason to hunt them even for leather....plenty of that from other sources.

well this is confusing. that means it's a glitch.
    Some reported on normal and nightmare and easy about Ikaros only damage 10K HP but didn't kill the animal.
    Othertimes people would swear to me that their Ikaros could kill on all difficulty mode.

zedshifter67's Avatar Member
    I actually was happy, discovering that Ikaros couldn't kill wildlife anymore, at Nightmare, lvl >70.
    I'm not sure if it is Patch-related.

Sometimes I got a bit angry at him/her, when he/she killed a deer or goat just before I could shoot at it in order to trigger the adrenaline block refill. I told him/her to go hunt mice what he/her does now, joking. So for me it would be ok if it stays like this, Ikaros doing the seeking work, and I doing the killing work. My opinion.

Originally Posted by Richardi78 Go to original post
    well this is confusing. that means it's a glitch.
    Some reported on normal and nightmare and easy about Ikaros only damage 10K HP but didn't kill the animal.
    Othertimes people would swear to me that their Ikaros could kill on all difficulty mode.
    It's not a bug...they just didn't think about Ikaros when they added levels 71-99....they forgot to make sure his damage output could match the HP of the now leveled up goats lol.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi everyone,

Gotchya, thanks for sharing your experiences! I'll take note of this, and pass it along to the team.

thanks ubicosmos.

I sure do miss Kassandra's comments every time Ikaros strike one. I don't really get mad when Ikaros take over my target when I want to refill my adrenaline. Beside my adrenaline per hit is pretty much high (I'm a adrenaline junkie -lol), cause I have adrenaline built.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by wt67ubi Go to original post
    I actually was happy, discovering that Ikaros couldn't kill wildlife anymore, at Nightmare, lvl >70.
    I'm not sure if it is Patch-related.

Sometimes I got a bit angry at him/her, when he/she killed a deer or goat just before I could shoot at it in order to trigger the adrenaline block refill. I told him/her to go hunt mice what he/her does now, joking. So for me it would be ok if it stays like this, Ikaros doing the seeking work, and I doing the killing work. My opinion.
    That happened to me alot of times, but Ikaros only hunts one time, not over and over when you're hunting in an area.
    He'll grab one goat or elk and he's gone. At least that's how it's been in my gameplay.
    And that's why I really don't find this to be bothersome, if he only kills one time here and there, I really don't care about this as an "issue".

But if it's something that would take 5 minutes to tweak by Devs, then great, go ahead & tweak it for next patch

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►