Zi_iZ's Avatar Senior Member
    Eh... I just don't follow why anyone would NEED Ikaros to kill an animal. It's one of the biggest non-issues - imo.

That lil Bird Brain though.... When you're fighting 4-5 Mercs in Nightmare and he decides to harass the ninja quick dodge rapid fire explosive arrows / spread shot Merc and make 'em stand still for ½ a sec so I can Dev shot or give me the moment needed to kill the others.... I could just kiss him, even if it did cost me a lip.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Richardi78 Go to original post
    thanks ubicosmos.

I sure do miss Kassandra's comments every time Ikaros strike one.
    My Kassandra still does from time-to-time, not as often as the beginning, though. I think the reason for that one is to let the player hear all the possible comments before simmering down randomizing.

rorobfo's Avatar Senior Member
    at least Kassandra still does enough damage to kill one or the other animal.
    sometimes

Oh yeah, this is bad. Not just Animals, but even common NPCs as well...

NPC Health Buff
    https://youtu.be/2ukIYZ2D3rE

Animal Health Buff
    https://youtu.be/w1YTT0Sgj5U

I think we need to call the SPCA because leaving an animal wounded rather than a clean kill is just wrong ...... Natakas gets it right in the DLC, there is nothing wrong with hunting for food as long as it is done respectfully and you have clean kills

Natakas would have made a good Sioux .... At least in that respect .....

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    I kill goats and elk with just one arrow - - and I don't use any Hunter perks on any of my gear/weapons.
    One swat from my staff & they're down, same with Elk.
    So once again, I'm not seeing the same thing as what's being offered here.

I use Ikaros for Eagle Vision and harassing enemies that are trying to come after me - even on ships and that's what I need him/her for.
    Even when he does hunt, it's only 1 animal he targets and then he's gone. Really nothing I care about or that's important in my gameplay.

Originally Posted by RCDeschene Go to original post
    Oh yeah, this is bad. Not just Animals, but even common NPCs as well...

NPC Health Buff
    https://youtu.be/2ukIYZ2D3rE

Animal Health Buff
    https://youtu.be/w1YTT0Sgj5U
    The first one happens because your top engraving is busted and not upgrading properly nerfing you 16% after level 80 and 32% after level 90 while the NPCs are not nerfed and go up as they should at levels 80 and 90

I suspect the problem with Ikaros is similar, the animals all upgraded at levels 80 and 90 while Irakos did not leaving him underpowered now

The weak Irakos problem and the top engraving bug both happened at the same time thus are likely related in some way

Originally Posted by ProdiGurl Go to original post
    I kill goats and elk with just one arrow - - and I don't use any Hunter perks on any of my gear/weapons.
    One swat from my staff & they're down, same with Elk.
    So once again, I'm not seeing the same thing as what's being offered here.

I use Ikaros for Eagle Vision and harassing enemies that are trying to come after me - even on ships and that's what I need him/her for.
    Even when he does hunt, it's only 1 animal he targets and then he's gone. Really nothing I care about or that's important in my gameplay.
    Actually I didn't even notice it at first because I use hunting to build adrenaline and usually pick off the animal he targets because he's stealing my adrenaline dammit ...... Even though it's just a video game I can't leave a wounded animal running around slowly dying and when he does wound one I go after it and finish it off ...... It's just the way I was brought up .... don't kill what you don't eat, use every part of your kill that you can and leave no waste, because not doing so is disrespectful to the animal that sacrificed it's life so that I may live

"We are all related" isn't just a saying or a meme, it's a way of life for my People
     1 people found this helpful

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    I can't agree more - at Lvl 66 now, Ikaros is still getting his 1 kill in so I'm good there but I wont' care when it does change - I'll do the same thing you are tho.

Even early mornings where I live (semi rural wine country), if I accidentally hit a rabbit that runs across the road that I couldn't avoid or miss, I turn the car around no matter what to make sure it's dead. I refuse to leave an animal wounded/crippled anywhere!
    I will mercifully take out anything suffering. It's our duty imo to be compassionate. <3
    It's just such a shame when it has to happen though

MorKali1's Avatar Member
    Not much if a issue for me because I have too many resources but it's odd how Ikaros end up doing less damage to animals every time you level up while Senu always one shotted animals in AC: Origins.