🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Chem launcher PC aiming

The chem launcher often misses the red zone where it says it'll hit. This seems to be especially true when obstacles are involved, but also had it happen out in the open a few times.

Further The chem launcher controls where you have to hold the skill button down feels wrong. It's only been an hour, so I can't say I wont eventually get used to it but with the 15 minutes I was really testing it out I didn't find it any easier than when I started.
     10 people found this helpful

I agree on the aiming. It should work like the Sticky Bomb in D1 where you press once to go into aim mode.
     9 people found this helpful

Zetty.'s Avatar Junior Member
    +1 here. I feel the player (myself included) expects it to be similar to all the other abilities where on the first keypress there's a chance to aim and if you double-press then it'll 'auto' fire at where you are looking.

The 'instant' fire of the chem launcher goes against all the other abilities UX and counter to the idea re: more player control in skills in TD2
     1 people found this helpful

The aiming and firing of the chem launcher feels really bad to me. Part of it is because skills aren't instant and the tap to fire thing forces a delay which makes it hard to aim and honestly just makes it feel really really bad. I think it should be tap to aim and then fire manually personally because defaulting to firing when it has a forced delay makes it feel really sloppy and just genuinely really really bad.

Another thing for me was the hold to aim is also frustrating because letting go of e causes it to fire and for me to put it away... if I'm forced to hold e to aim then I would either like it to only fire when I fire manually or to have this as an option. I believe that the way it functions is how the launcher worked in the first game buuuuut here's the issue: we can fire 3 rounds with it.
     2 people found this helpful

Zetty.'s Avatar Junior Member
    Oh wow, I didn't even realize it was a hold to aim situation. I saw the controls but must've misunderstood them.

Originally Posted by Ech0Vapor Go to original post
    Another thing for me was the hold to aim is also frustrating because letting go of e causes it to fire and for me to put it away... if I'm forced to hold e to aim then I would either like it to only fire when I fire manually or to have this as an option. I believe that the way it functions is how the launcher worked in the first game buuuuut here's the issue: we can fire 3 rounds with it.
    Swap weapon and it won't fire. atleast worked for me.

I agree, the aiming is useless and leaves much to ask.
    The only good thing compared to Division 1; is that they at least don't avoid or run away from the affected area as they used to do with grenades.
    So now you could shoot the skill at an area as a trap and ignite when it's an opportune time, but none the less all the other skills are far easier to use and works overall better.

Please fix chem launcher aim to be like D1

Yes, more this please. The current way aiming works and having to hold the button feels really clunky. Make it work like sticky bomb from D1