[PC] Frame Drop at the beginning of EVERY race

At the start of EVERY SINGLE race, there's a huge (and fast) frame drop as soon as the countdown ends and the race begins. It's annoying to experience, even though after that the game runs just fine. If I restart the track mid-race the problem does not appear.

Can provide a screenshot with frametime statistic if it helps, or maybe a video.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Gumdrops's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    A video would be much appreciated! Thanks for the report in the first instance

Ok, here it is (i left the statistics in the top left, it may be useful):

https://youtu.be/rv-ufRlIEtk

As you can see, there is a noticeable frame drop right at the beginning of the race, while a restart seems to be fine (I actually encountered the same problem on some occasional restart in other tracks).
    I let the video run a little bit more to show you another issue, which might be completely fine: every time I go in the video settings, the game freezes for about a second, you can see it clearly in the video. I don't know if that's normal.

Furthermore, every time I close the game, Uplay prompt me to send a crash report, like the game didn't close itself properly.

Ubi-Gumdrops's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks a lot for the video! The crash report on exit has also been reported.

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    We appreciate the video! That really helps. Let me know if there is any effect from verifying the game in Uplay.

Please also let me know if you are using a desktop or laptop (specifically whether you have an integrated graphics card).

No problem, I would just like to know if the frame drops and microstutters are a problem on my end that I can fix. Or if it's just the game being poorly optimized.

Just read your last message. Will try verifing the files, although I already uninstalled and installed again on a different drive.
    I'm using a Desktop but not using the integrated GPU as the main one of course, playing with a GTX 1080.

It's important to note that Ubisoft titles keep the game saves on the C: drive. Where is Uplay installed. Where is Trials installed?

Just tried verifying the files, no changes.

The game is now installed in the System drive (C. Uplay is also on the system drive.

Let me know if you need detailed computer specs.

Let me know if this issue persists if you temporarily disable Windows Defender and try a race.