1. #11
    That is still not 100m, the marker is always placed on the ground (not on buildings) so it's further than it looks.

    Try going on this tower at the Chop Shop outpost and kill the guy with the rocket launcher when it's on the higher platform > https://i.imgur.com/1JzaUch.jpg
    Share this post

  2. #12
    Originally Posted by ZaharX97 Go to original post
    That is still not 100m, the marker is always placed on the ground (not on buildings) so it's further than it looks.

    Try going on this tower at the Chop Shop outpost and kill the guy with the rocket launcher when it's on the higher platform > https://i.imgur.com/1JzaUch.jpg
    OK thanks. I'm at that tower with the plane windmill on top of it. When shooting at the guy in your photo I can't get a single hit on him. Are you using the scope guaged at 100m, 120m or higher? Thanks very much.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    You might be hitting the railings in front of him. I've had a hard time hitting guys through railings. Shoot, and stop ADSing to see if you can tell where the arrow is hitting.Should at least be able follow it leave the bow and see the arc.
    Share this post

  4. #14
    Originally Posted by Iamcuddles Go to original post
    You might be hitting the railings in front of him. I've had a hard time hitting guys through railings. Shoot, and stop ADSing to see if you can tell where the arrow is hitting.Should at least be able follow it leave the bow and see the arc.
    I don't think there are any railings by him. Without knowing whether he's supposed to be 100 m, 120m away etc I don't know what to do. When clicking on the guy himself the distance is gauged at 293m and the ground below him is gauged at anywhere between 100 and 160m just by slightly moving the binoculars.
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Thanks to everyone here I finally got this thing. The target suggested to me at the Chop Shop was, at a guess, about 150m away. My shots scoped at 120m were falling a long distance short and I had to aim *way* higher than the 120m marker before I got it. To anyone else struggling with this trophy I'd suggest aiming much higher than you think you should.
    Share this post

  6. #16
    Originally Posted by garymjh Go to original post
    Thanks to everyone here I finally got this thing. The target suggested to me at the Chop Shop was, at a guess, about 150m away. My shots scoped at 120m were falling a long distance short and I had to aim *way* higher than the 120m marker before I got it. To anyone else struggling with this trophy I'd suggest aiming much higher than you think you should.
    Very true. This trophy is in almost every Far Cry game and always involves accounting for "arrow drop". Gotta love setting off alarms at an outpost as you fling arrows over and over at an enemy while trying to get this trophy. Just got mine last night, though.
    Share this post

  7. #17
    Bambihunter1971's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rural Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    1,362
    Originally Posted by garymjh Go to original post
    My shots scoped at 120m were falling a long distance short and I had to aim *way* higher than the 120m marker before I got it. To anyone else struggling with this trophy I'd suggest aiming much higher than you think you should.
    Perfect example of why this is called "archery" (arch-ery). Good job!
    Share this post

  8. #18
    Got the same problem here.
    Getting them from 110,130, 140 meters away but no trophy.
    Tried differed bows too. Cant i get it because i upgraded the bow???
    Saying that i crafted the blue bow with no upgrade, but still nothing
    Share this post