Ubi-Alien's Avatar Community Manager

Welcome to Special Operation 4

Hello Ghosts,

Your support during Year 2 of Ghost Recon Wildlands has been truly incredible and we’re so excited for you to get your hands on the next Special Operation. Our last update for Year 2 of Wildlands, Special Operation 4, will be dropping on Wednesday, February 27.

Special Operation 4 will feature brand-new content for PvE and PvP players, community-requested features, and more.

PvE Mode and Reward: Special Operation 4 contains a brand new PvE mode that will test your endurance. Upon completing the mode for the first time, you will receive an outfit set.

PvP Class and Maps: Another soldier is ready to join the fight. Ghost War will get one additional class, as well as two new maps.

Year 2 Pass: Year 2 Pass holders will get a free pack containing customization items and a weapon, as well as early, direct access to the new Ghost War class starting on February 27 for one week.

Time of Day for Solo Campaign Mode: Players will now be able to change their Time of Day via a new setting option in solo campaign mode and solo Ghost Mode.

Battle Crate Update: We will be moving all Voice Lines and a selection of Emotes from Battle Crates to Prestige Crates.

Prestige Crate Update: Drop rates modified to be more generous for higher rarity items.

Custom Match Browser: You will be able to create and browse custom matches based on your selected criteria.

Challenges: We are moving from Challenge Seasons to a selection of Daily Challenges (three Solo, one Task Force, and one Community Challenge) with increased Prestige Credit rewards.

Completing a certain number a Daily Challenges per week will grant you additional rewards, such as Prestige Crates and a Battle Crate.

PvP Events: Two new Events added to the pool.

We will have more intel to share with you soon.

Stay tuned, Ghosts.

Well, I'm glad to see they are adding Time of Day for Solo Campaign Mode support. I was really hoping for AI weapon customization though. Lets hope this new PVE mode will have a ton of the features we've been requesting. I feel like there is more to be said in the near future about that.

420JJ's Avatar Member
    Update sounds great!! Being able to change the time of day is something this game needed day 1. New pve mode sounds cool. Thanks!

KunninPlanz's Avatar Member
    Judging by that pic, the new PvE mode is a horde mode. And where's all the new weapons?

to me it looks like a clean up final update by the looks of it

GAP_Computer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KunninPlanz Go to original post
    Judging by that pic, the new PvE mode is a horde mode. And where's all the new weapons?
    hope they aren't freaking zombies

Good to see an update but... I was really hoping for all the maps in GW to be playable in each mode. Also no new weapons or attachments for previous classes? As a player who was finished with all the PVE before GW even came out, there's so much in PVE that has never made it's way to PVP, seems like a waste of alot of work. The events still lack imagination, how about a shotgun duel, support class duel, no scopes battle, crossbows only, custom class battle (any weapon, any perk, any ability) etc....?

GAP_Computer's Avatar Senior Member
    1 ) thanks for this, i really really thankful for this much needed change.... Battle Crate Update: We will be moving all Voice Lines and a selection of Emotes from Battle Crates to Prestige Crates.
    2) see to believe, if in a month we have repeated challenges then what we can expect from this? ......We are moving from Challenge Seasons to a selection of Daily Challenges

Why would we need horde mode in Wildlands? I really hope it's something different.
    Horde-like gameplay is easy to achieve in the usual mode, just shooting everyone.
    Maybe there will be a ton of options for it, will see...

Virtual-Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    I’m pretty disappointed if the new Mode is a defensive horde mode... we already have that with the Unidad and the Rebel radio side missions and it gets boring or you die very quickly at harder difficulties. It’s my least favourite mode of play. I think it’s another sign that Ubisoft is out of touch with their customers. I’ve not seen any requests for this Mode in PVE.

I was hoping for something to keep me playing the campaign as I’m getting bored of doing all the same missions time and time again. I guess it’s time to move on.

A great parting gift would have been a mission generator.

It would also have been nice to add AI Team customization to Fallen Ghosts (or even just the option to turn them off) as I think that has more replayability for me, but doing it again with the three hillbillies is not interesting from a role play perspective.

The time of day thing is probably a copy paste thing from photo mode. Strangely, Ubisoft really missed an opportunity for some amazing publicity and fan marketing earlier in the games life by not having photo mode from day 1. Strange decision to add it after 2 years. The time of day thing is too little too late. Few people will probably play the campaign again, and if you do, you’ve played it so many times you can do each mission blindfolded night or day... time of day is irrelevant for me and probably many other veterans.

The only good thing to look forward to is some new cosmetics, but after what they did with the last Crye helmet, I have no expectations of anything good.

Bring on the next game please!