Hiya Hitman47101U and welcome to the forums :3

Just to be clear, when you say "generic weird Xbox One" controller, is it specifically an official Xbone controller or otherwise?

Dboy4778's Avatar Member
    Hi Hitman 47101U. Im just gonna put it this way my dude, You will want to go buy an Official DS4 or Xbox One controller. Game Developers go through alot to get controllers to work and generic controllers can pose several problems with several different launchers such as Steam, Uplay, etc.. Seriously go get an official controller. It will make your life easier and you can’t expect stuff to work correctly if it is not on the Officially supported peripherals list. Go get a controller and have a blast! Game is alot of fun. When you get an Official controller this method works flawlessly.

This did not fix my controller issue. It is not seeing my controller in game even though I get a notification that it has connected it. I am using a pdp048-082 xbox one wired controller.

Reverse still not mapped in FC5 - years later

Hi, title says it all. it's 2020 now and reverse has still not been mapped, nor does the suggested workaround actually work.

Have you released an actual real patch since this issue has been discovered back in 2017?

Cheers
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey rookie_randall - just to be clear, is the issue you are having within Far Cry New Dawn, or Far Cry 5? This is the Player Support section for Far Cry New Dawn on PC, so if your issue is with Far Cry 5 instead, you'd be better posting in our Far Cry 5 Player Support section for the game on PC.

For Far Cry New Dawn at least, I believe this issue is one we have not implemented a fix for. I will investigate whether it is still being looked into, and reply again here when I have more information.

Does the controller have to be plugged in because mine is wireless?

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by tokyoboyjpn81 Go to original post
    Does the controller have to be plugged in because mine is wireless?
    Hello tokyoboyjpn81,

If you have the correct wireless controller to PC adapter and up to date drivers, a wireless controller should work.

However if you're having issues and have a wired controller available, I'd certainly recommend trying this to see if the issues improve.

Thank you!

It is now 1/25/21. Emphasis on January 2021 .... I bought this game on sale via steam. With that being said, I'm amazed that this issue hasn't been patched or fixed after all of this time. I own a large number of Ubisoft titles, mainly the AC series, and I have to say that this is pretty unacceptable guys =/

The fix worked for me. I disabled all controllers via steam>settings>controller>general controller settings. The inputs now change between xbox and ds4 controllers, and everything works. Much love for OP

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by dr4skin Go to original post
    It is now 1/25/21. Emphasis on January 2021 .... I bought this game on sale via steam. With that being said, I'm amazed that this issue hasn't been patched or fixed after all of this time. I own a large number of Ubisoft titles, mainly the AC series, and I have to say that this is pretty unacceptable guys =/

The fix worked for me. I disabled all controllers via steam>settings>controller>general controller settings. The inputs now change between xbox and ds4 controllers, and everything works. Much love for OP
    Apologies that a fix has not been released for this issue. We are happy to hear though that the workaround has sorted this for you. If you need anything else please let us know.