IainStewart's Avatar Junior Member

Mapping the Division 2

I like maps. The fact that the Washington DC of Division 2 is supposed to be 1:1 scale to the real world location made me even more interested. I wanted to dive a little deeper than MarcoStyle's initial map comparison video (here). I decided to use google's My Maps to create a Division 2 overlay for the real world Washington DC to see how things match up. I will be constantly updating it as new information comes to light.

Have a look around, see what you think. I'm keen to add as much info to this as possible in the run up to next March. If anyone has their own theories or extra bits of information they have discovered then join in the discussion and lets see how accurate we can be before the game comes out.
     9 people found this helpful

UbiAmper's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey IainStewart,

I wanted to check it out, but it appears your link is broken. Give it an update!

Thats odd. I can still find it through My places when I log into google maps. It still says it's shared, but the link seems to have stopped working. I just shared it to my facebook page as a test and that works fine. Maybe it's something at googles end. I need sleep now, but I'll look again in the morning

It seems to be an issue with google maps being a bit broken somewhere. Hopefully they will fix it and the link will start working again soon. If you want to check it out now then I can send it to you via facebook in a pm, or you can just search for my profile (Iain James Stewart - same profile pic) and it should be a publicly viewable post there

Big_40_Dawg's Avatar Junior Member
    Hey dude, I was able to click on the link and it worked fine, Just giving an update. The map is pretty awesome...

Thanks Dawg. I was pretty certain it was a Google issue that would magically fix itself if left alone for long enough.
     2 people found this helpful

Nice work! Excited to go storm the white house.
     2 people found this helpful

You know we're going to get ourselves on a watchlist talking like this
     1 people found this helpful

UbiAmper's Avatar Community Manager
    It's working a-okay now! This was awesome to see for sure. Please keep this updated!

I'd be happy to Amper. Now, if you could just let me in on some hitherto unreleased and juicy bits of new info regarding the Division 2, I'd be happy to include them. Go on, you know you want to