Here is some thing I would like to see in The Division 2

Dedicated Builds and diversity
    in my experience with the beta I saw the potential for DPS, tank and hybrid builds with some yet less potential for a skill build. My hope is that we will actually see skill builds be viable in the sequel, more specifically support builds such as the game changing healer. To be fair we had limited access to skill mods in the beta and only had a few skills available, so it may be the case that these builds are available to be formed in the full release. However, it is one of my biggest concerns at this point.

Dedicated Competitive PvP
    So I have heard that some people in the community are asking for a skill based matchmaking system however, not everybody is a fan of SBMM. My suggestion and hope for the future is that we will see conflict be split into two modes. the first would be casual with connection focused match making for the not so sweaty sessions and those who do not mind a gap in player skill. The second would be competitive that would utilize SBMM and a ranking system for those who want to sweat out and challenge themselves at the risk of potential loss of there own or there opponents' connection quality. This system is used in many different titles successfully such as Siege or Destiny 2 and I think the division would benefit from it.

Survival (or similar experiance)
    Survival was one of the best additions to TD1 and I personally enjoyed going for both PvE and PvP runs (more PvP for the added suspense). I believe that with a few tweaks and adjustments it would be a great addition to the squeal however I prey we have at least a few more centimeters of visibility as that was one of the things that provided a challenge in the original however, got old fast.

Underground (underground type gamemode)
    Underground was the most played PvE activity for myself back in the original game. It provided great rewards paired with a great experience. The randomization within the gamemode ensured that you had a slightly different experience each run helping the gamemode feel fresh even after a countless amount of runs.

Hunters
    Anybody that has come across the hunters in the first game will rightfully tell you that these where a mysterious foe that was not to be messed around with. They where firstly found in survival and later added to underground and missions, they have advanced AI and truly out to eliminate all and any agents they could find. I would love to see them added to the division 2 in all activities that include PvE, even the DZ. I believe that they would add a level of suspense and fear not to mention a whole load of "OH SH*T" moments.

I believe these things would all add to the experience of the sequel and some or even all may be already in the full release just yet to be revealed. Hopefully you agree and if you have any suggestions or additions of your own I would love to see them in the comments.

EDIT: I also have a video on this if you want to check that out here

Thank you for reading ~ DuskHound
     1 people found this helpful

mattrickl06's Avatar Senior Member
    Agreed with all points you made there you made in an excellent, well written post.

I agree with it all... Although a little change to the underground would be nice, maybe a tower block and you start on the bottom and work your way to the roof to face the final boss.

mattrickl06's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DEV1L79 Go to original post
    I agree with it all... Although a little change to the underground would be nice, maybe a tower block and you start on the bottom and work your way to the roof to face the final boss.

Originally Posted by mattrickl06 Go to original post

Yeah like that 😂. The underground with stairs and nice lights so we can see. I got all the best ideas 👍

DeMizeFPS's Avatar Senior Member
    Two different playlists will splitter the player base for organized PvP. Destiny has this issue where the population is so low for the competitive playlist that you are constantly matched with the same players over and over or the matchmaking will match you against players from across the global. Bungie had to implement pinnacle rewards ( Luna's Howl and Not Forgetten) for competitive playlist to entice players to play in that playlist. Even then, the population is low.

The majority of the player base would rather queue in casual to pub stomp instead of playing ranked. That's a fact. Especially, if there's no exclusive loot tied to ranked play. No one brother to queue in that playlist.

Siege and Destiny have competitive game modes. (Bomb/Countdown) The Division does not. Domination and skirmish is casual PvP. Those game modes are not made for competitive play. There's no plant the bomb/defuse bomb game mode. They would have to create maps around a competitie game mode.

It won't work for this game.

Builds
    Perhaps they have some armor sets you can collect that give you the ability to become a combat medic or something similar if that’s what your looking for.

PvP
    Skill based matchmaking and stat normalization are all good things in my book. I have mixed feelings about using a ranking system though.

Survival
    I remember playing this and it was fun, but I did not enjoy the time limit.

Underground
    Yes. And I would also like to see catacombs with hidden loot.

Hunters
    I don’t remember this. I think the Black Tusk will do exactly that.

Goo-Goo-Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Skyward- Go to original post
    And I would also like to see catacombs with hidden loot.
    The Catacombs - that's a DZ landmark. Won't mind them expanding on that at all either.

That would be awesome!

Originally Posted by Demiz3r Go to original post
    Two different playlists will splitter the player base for organized PvP. Destiny has this issue where the population is so low for the competitive playlist that you are constantly matched with the same players over and over or the matchmaking will match you against players from across the global. Bungie had to implement pinnacle rewards ( Luna's Howl and Not Forgetten) for competitive playlist to entice players to play in that playlist. Even then, the population is low.

The majority of the player base would rather queue in casual to pub stomp instead of playing ranked. That's a fact. Especially, if there's no exclusive loot tied to ranked play. No one brother to queue in that playlist.

Siege and Destiny have competitive game modes. (Bomb/Countdown) The Division does not. Domination and skirmish is casual PvP. Those game modes are not made for competitive play. There's no plant the bomb/defuse bomb game mode. They would have to create maps around a competitie game mode.

It won't work for this game.
    they could work on it for the future and if there is rewards assigned to ranks people will play