Game pad problems

The GAME PAD on the PC version does not have break or reverse assigned neither does it have descend when using rope or helicopter!!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1656984235

Dboy4778's Avatar Member
    I know how to fix this issue. Easy but must follow exactly. This is a UPLAY / STEAM conflict. What you’ll see is that when you load the game with STEAM the bindings for some buttons disappear somehow inside the game thus there is no Reverse, Ascend, or Descend. Do this and it should work:
    1) Go to Steam Big Picture Mode and go to Controller settings.
    2) UN -CHECK all boxes so there are NO controllers checked.
    3) Completely EXIT and CLOSE Steam.
    4) Open UPLAY.
    5) Have controller plugged in to PC Select game and LAUNCH.
    “Note Nintendo Pro Controller Not Going to Work” Use Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Dualshock4.
    6) Play game!

Ubi-Mullac's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hmmm thanks for sharing what worked for you @Dboy4778, @sckiz96 are you able to try that troubleshooting above?

Dboy4778's Avatar Member
    @Ubi-Mullac: This happens with Far Cry 5 as well. Ubisoft needs to know that something is and has been going wrong with game controllers buttons within Steam.After launching game within Steam, Inside Far Cry 5 and New Dawn if you look at the Game Controller Layout, certain buttons like LT in the “Driving Layout” have No Action Corresponding with that button as LT should say Brake next to it but doesn’t. It disappears. If you launch game through UPLAY only the LT button says “Brake” within Driving Controls. Inside Steam there is absolutely no way to re map the button to get it working correctly. Please show this to Devs. If Devs only test within UPLAY its not effecting game controller running game through UPLAY. Just through Steam. As Ubisoft is well aware many gamers purchase through Steam and not directly from UPLAY so please fix as it took me an eternity to figure this out and became very very frustrating. Hope that I have helped Ubisoft and the community.

I have the same problem in New Dawn as i had in FC5...

Controller only works when the game is started via steam link...kinda...except for revers/brake...
    and when the controller lose the connection (switch batteries cause they getn empty 'n sh*t) i have to restart the game...

In FC5 Ubi didnt gave a F for this known issue so it has never been patched...
    What about this time...??
    At least give me brakes... -.-

Os and Controller info:
    Microsoft Xbox one Wireless Controller
    Windows 8.1

Ubi-Mullac's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey everyone,

I understand that this issue is pretty frustrating, I have passed your reports to the devs to see what they can do on their end.

im still getting these issues.

1. mouse/keyboard commands with controller
    2. subtitles come back on when game is loaded (happens on ps4 as well)

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Does disabling Steam Controller settings in Steam resolve this issue?

I only use UPlay and have no reverse option driving vehicles using the keyboard or XBox controller. How do you get reverse?