MrPecktacular's Avatar Member
    One of my biggest issues with the Underground was that after you played a little bit of it, all the maps were the same and it got a little boring. I still enjoyed it with a full team, and with the Hunters, things definitely got more interesting. Underground was definitely a lot of fun though and the only thing I played a lot of over Survival, Last Stand, and Skirmish. I played Resistance a little bit but just didn't get into it as much as I did with UG.

Originally Posted by DUSK TT Go to original post
    Dedicated Builds and diversity
    in my experience with the beta I saw the potential for DPS, tank and hybrid builds with some yet less potential for a skill build. My hope is that we will actually see skill builds be viable in the sequel, more specifically support builds such as the game changing healer. To be fair we had limited access to skill mods in the beta and only had a few skills available, so it may be the case that these builds are available to be formed in the full release. However, it is one of my biggest concerns at this point.

Dedicated Competitive PvP
    So I have heard that some people in the community are asking for a skill based matchmaking system however, not everybody is a fan of SBMM. My suggestion and hope for the future is that we will see conflict be split into two modes. the first would be casual with connection focused match making for the not so sweaty sessions and those who do not mind a gap in player skill. The second would be competitive that would utilize SBMM and a ranking system for those who want to sweat out and challenge themselves at the risk of potential loss of there own or there opponents' connection quality. This system is used in many different titles successfully such as Siege or Destiny 2 and I think the division would benefit from it.

Survival (or similar experiance)
    Survival was one of the best additions to TD1 and I personally enjoyed going for both PvE and PvP runs (more PvP for the added suspense). I believe that with a few tweaks and adjustments it would be a great addition to the squeal however I prey we have at least a few more centimeters of visibility as that was one of the things that provided a challenge in the original however, got old fast.

Underground (underground type gamemode)
    Underground was the most played PvE activity for myself back in the original game. It provided great rewards paired with a great experience. The randomization within the gamemode ensured that you had a slightly different experience each run helping the gamemode feel fresh even after a countless amount of runs.

Hunters
    Anybody that has come across the hunters in the first game will rightfully tell you that these where a mysterious foe that was not to be messed around with. They where firstly found in survival and later added to underground and missions, they have advanced AI and truly out to eliminate all and any agents they could find. I would love to see them added to the division 2 in all activities that include PvE, even the DZ. I believe that they would add a level of suspense and fear not to mention a whole load of "OH SH*T" moments.

I believe these things would all add to the experience of the sequel and some or even all may be already in the full release just yet to be revealed. Hopefully you agree and if you have any suggestions or additions of your own I would love to see them in the comments.

EDIT: I also have a video on this if you want to check that out here

Thank you for reading ~ DuskHound

I like all of these ideas

Merphee's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by DUSK TT Go to original post
    Dedicated Competitive PvP
    So I have heard that some people in the community are asking for a skill based matchmaking system however, not everybody is a fan of SBMM. My suggestion and hope for the future is that we will see conflict be split into two modes. the first would be casual with connection focused match making for the not so sweaty sessions and those who do not mind a gap in player skill. The second would be competitive that would utilize SBMM and a ranking system for those who want to sweat out and challenge themselves at the risk of potential loss of there own or there opponents' connection quality. This system is used in many different titles successfully such as Siege or Destiny 2 and I think the division would benefit from it.
    No one is gonna voluntarily use SBMM. Sweats will flood this casual mode simply because nothing is stopping them, meaning more pub stomps and blow outs. SBMM and Ranked are two different things, imo.

SBMM in Division is more for solo players who queue solo. Like me.

Cadillac-Jack's Avatar Senior Member
    Builds and diversity.
    Iv'e come across 13 brand sets all of which do different things and looking into it I can see possibilities of Drone builds and turrets builds if you mix n match certain brand sets.

P v P
    I can't comment on because I don't play it

Survival
    Was my least played part of TD1 hated the timer and the rush to the DZ for extraction (me personally i's like to see survival as a world tier/difficulty of the actual game)

Underground
    From exploring it looks like there is an extensive underground within the city (heck went into one part and came across an underground boss with a frickin chainsaw)

Hunters
    Ergo Black Tusk

Originally Posted by Sensible-Jack Go to original post

Hunters
    Ergo Black Tusk
    I can see why people keep saying Black Tusk are very similar to hunters however as far as I know they do not randomly turn up. They only appear in end game invaded missions, hence why I think they are very different.

Ubi-RealDude's Avatar Community Manager
    DUSK TT brings up a point I've been hoping to see more of... what are people's thoughts on the Black Tusks and the invaded missions? In a super general sense, that is.

Really doesn't seem to different from the Div1 legendary mission's to me. just a few more skills being thrown at me and no super god level hunters along side the normal bosses.
    It is an improvement though.

Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    DUSK TT brings up a point I've been hoping to see more of... what are people's thoughts on the Black Tusks and the invaded missions? In a super general sense, that is.
    From a gaming aspect:
    Black Tusks offer a good way to add replayability to the maps both in enemy dynamics and also new skill strategy.

From a story aspect:
    I'm hoping each mission gives us more of a bread crumb on what the heck is going on in DC.

if nothing else, I like that we're not fighting the same enemies as before 30. But at the same time, once we've burned through the invasion missions, we'll be doing just that. The potential I see the Black Tusks of having is becoming more deadly and threatening without needing to be as bullet spongey like they would need to be if it were the exact same enemies prior to level 30.

RushLoongHammer's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-RealDude Go to original post
    In the beta I never found the invaded mission interesting.
    It wasn't the Black Tusks that was off, I think they're kool. It was that the invaded mission didn't offer a new or interesting experience.
    It's just a linear string of encounters, then 'hold F to interact', and a named NPC at the end; literately the same thing we've been playing for 3 years.

Add some mini-objectives, add an environmental mechanic to manage, add something unexpected.
    A mission being invaded should mean something more than a faction swap.
     1 people found this helpful

Agree ⬆️