Extracting gear

I think it would be a cool idea to have the ability to put a bomb in my bag. So if i die and the person tries to take your items or cut the line they will get an huge explosion that has a good chance of killing them at the expense of destroying the items in the bag. Id rather destroy my items and kill the person trying to take them than to have someone steal it.
     1 people found this helpful

this idea isnt practical cuz they will just leave the bag and your teammates will blow up too

Originally Posted by SweetOldLady Go to original post
    this idea isnt practical cuz they will just leave the bag and your teammates will blow up too
    I couldnt care less. I believe in scorched earth policies. I dont have teammates.
     2 people found this helpful

UbiSc0ttie's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Zankojima Go to original post
    I think it would be a cool idea to have the ability to put a bomb in my bag. So if i die and the person tries to take your items or cut the line they will get an huge explosion that has a good chance of killing them at the expense of destroying the items in the bag. Id rather destroy my items and kill the person trying to take them than to have someone steal it.
    Mmm this sounds interesting!

- Scottie

Think that would have to be a dz perk and it would have to cost you something to do it and only able to do it one every hour or longer.
    Maybe need a defuse perk to balance out

Hmm a dz perk. Boobytrap your contaminated gear. Maybe with just a percent chance to blow up. Maybe another perk for a chance to disable it so it doesnt blow up.

That could add some more interesting things to stealing loot

Goo-Goo-Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Actually a brilliant idea, elegant in it's simplicity: Forego one slot in the contamination bag for the booby-trap. Send the rope-cutter straight to the checkpoint!

Definitely needs Dev consideration.

I like this idea. A nice little surprise for someone who plays dirty.

Am I the only person here that thinks carrying a bomb in your backpack is a bad idea? What if someone were to shoot it? I’m assuming it’s actively wired.

On a side note I detest thieves and wouldn’t mind watching it happen, but I also understand the nature of the Dark Zone.

MrPecktacular's Avatar Member
    I would require the "always explosive" perk because I die far too much in the DZ. It's absolutely pathetic how much I die in there even with a marksman rifle that five-taps named bosses. If I meet another player that wants my loot, chances are, they're going to get it.

They'd just look at the screen and go, "Oh, it's him again, the bag's wired." SMH