Origins

I mean, I loved Odyssey for its scale and historical characters. BUT I hate all the divine EPIC elements that made it into fantasy. I like Origins for being more grounded and realistic. Historical ficiton as it should be. Not fantasy.
     2 people found this helpful

Odyssey is more fun to play, Origins is more fun to travel around. Origins had a more linear story and the only end-game was DLC, but it had more "wonders" of the world to explore. Odyssey feels like it's designed to be played for a very long time, and I like the subtlety of the maps regions but just wish there were interspersed in there a few larger highlight architectural elements.

They're both great games and while broadly similar also surprisingly different considering they should be hewn from the same stone.

Odyssey, hands down. Reason? 1-button press/hold dodge-rolling.

I'm petty, I know.

UbiCosmos's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by PurvySage007 Go to original post
    Odyssey, hands down. Reason? 1-button press/hold dodge-rolling.

I'm petty, I know.
    Haha that's okay, that's a pretty good reason!

One other point for Origins is that it care about the lore and try to tell us a story that have something to do with Assassins Creed.

While Odyssey try to tell us something about the ISU it created more Questions than answers and for me it feel more like the use them as an excuse to have fantasy and magic in their game. The rest of the story also feels like that the writers have no clue about the Lore of Assassins Creed.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by DaelosTheCat Go to original post
    Origins

I mean, I loved Odyssey for its scale and historical characters. BUT I hate all the divine EPIC elements that made it into fantasy. I like Origins for being more grounded and realistic. Historical ficiton as it should be. Not fantasy.
    Yeah ... I mean 100 foot tall monsters you had to fight was really realistic and not at all fantasy ....... Cripes the second DLC was nothing but fantasy

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    Οrigins was full of non-realistic gods and monsters, if you have played the entire DLC. Only Egypt and Sinai had no divine enemies. Valley of the Kings and the Afterlife maps (all three of them) were similar to Odyssey's Elysium and Hades' realm.

Originally Posted by Olympus2018 Go to original post
    Οrigins was full of non-realistic gods and monsters, if you have played the entire DLC. Only Egypt and Sinai had no divine enemies. Valley of the Kings and the Afterlife maps (all three of them) were similar to Odyssey's Elysium and Hades' realm.
    Sry but what are you talking about, What is realistic on Gods and monsters?

First the Gods of Origins where Animus glitches and never real. In the Curse of Pharaohs we had a lot of fantasy and some monsters but not so much as in Odyssey and the Pharaohs where more realistic, because the had already existed in real life while Odysseys Beasts where never real.

The Reason why Origins is MORE realistic is that it explain their mythology stuff much better than odyssey. In Origins it is all an Illusion from the Apple of Eden all these Pharaohs, Afterlife worlds etc. where never real. While Odyssey make their beasts to real life things that where invented by the ISU it is also explained that Elysium, Underworld and Atlantis where real places that existed and that really hurts the Lore and destroy the realism and historical accuracy older games have and made AC a fantasy game like many others.... These stuff should have never be in an Assassins Creed game.

Odyssey have taken away the realism older games have etablished and what had made the series unique.

Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by JKAC2013 Go to original post

First the Gods of Origins where Animus glitches and never real. In the Curse of Pharaohs we had a lot of fantasy and some monsters but not so much as in Odyssey and the Pharaohs where more realistic, because the had already existed in real life while Odysseys Beasts where never real.

The Reason why Origins is MORE realistic is that it explain their mythology stuff much better than odyssey. In Origins it is all an Illusion from the Apple of Eden all these Pharaohs, Afterlife worlds etc. where never real. While Odyssey make their beasts to real life things that where invented by the ISU it is also explained that Elysium, Underworld and Atlantis where real places that existed
    Οdyssey depicted Greek mythology in the same way Origins depicted Egyptian mythology. Whether it was a glitch in the Animus or "real" it makes no difference. There is nothing real about the simulation. It is a simulation of memories that you manipulate by playing the way you want. So it is not real at all because you choose your actions. In a real memory, you do not choose how to fight or where to go next because it is like a movie, not a playable game. Also, there is nothing realistic about ISU. From the very first game, Assassin's Creed was pure fiction. Juno was not realistic either. All ISU figures are superhuman entities, so your "realism" goes down the toilet. I really can't trace any logic in your post. None of the AC titles is realistic, besides the historical setting. The animus itself is pure sci-fi with zero touch with reality or realism.

The glitch in the animus excuse does not explain why the elephants in Origins looked so much bigger than real life, for example. In Egypt, when you killed the "Cult" members, you had a brief conversation with your defeated enemies in their afterlife. That had nothing to do with the Apple of Eden. It was pure supernatural fiction. It looks like I am the only one who actually remembers what happened in Egypt. There was zero realism besides architecture and ancient languages, plus the historical figures that you could talk to.

Also, when you play Origins, I can't recall any glitch reference while visiting Thebes and the afterlife. By the way, Thebes was NOT part of the Afterlife, yet you could face Egyptian Pharaohs who came back from the dead to face you. Sorry pal but you can't save it. Origins was not more realistic than Odyssey. Your claims are totally false and someone might argue that you have completely forgotten the actual storyline!!! Thebes and the valley of the kings was not part of any glitch, except for the afterlife maps that you visit via those 3 tombs.

Originally Posted by Olympus2018 Go to original post
    Οdyssey depicted Greek mythology in the same way Origins depicted Egyptian mythology. Whether it was a glitch in the Animus or "real" it makes no difference. There is nothing real about the simulation. It is a simulation of memories that you manipulate by playing the way you want. So it is not real at all because you choose your actions. In a real memory, you do not choose how to fight or where to go next because it is like a movie, not a playable game. Also, there is nothing realistic about ISU. From the very first game, Assassin's Creed was pure fiction. Juno was not realistic either. All ISU figures are superhuman entities, so your "realism" goes down the toilet. I really can't trace any logic in your post. None of the AC titles is realistic, besides the historical setting. The animus itself is pure sci-fi with zero touch with reality or realism.

The glitch in the animus excuse does not explain why the elephants in Origins looked so much bigger than real life, for example. In Egypt, when you killed the "Cult" members, you had a brief conversation with your defeated enemies in their afterlife. That had nothing to do with the Apple of Eden. It was pure supernatural fiction. It looks like I am the only one who actually remembers what happened in Egypt. There was zero realism besides architecture and ancient languages, plus the historical figures that you could talk to.

Also, when you play Origins, I can't recall any glitch reference while visiting Thebes and the afterlife. By the way, Thebes was NOT part of the Afterlife, yet you could face Egyptian Pharaohs who came back from the dead to face you. Sorry pal but you can't save it. Origins was not more realistic than Odyssey. Your claims are totally false and someone might argue that you have completely forgotten the actual storyline!!! Thebes and the valley of the kings was not part of any glitch, except for the afterlife maps that you visit via those 3 tombs.
    You should definitely read my post better. No Odyssey depicted it much more worse than Origins. Because it make the mystical beasts and mythology world "real" while origins handled those things as Illusions of the Apple of Eden.

It looks like you dont understand the concept of the Animus, the memories you explore are events that was real. You are in a simulation for sure where it feels like a game but the events that happens in that "simulation" where real. The ISU where a Sci Fi but Odyssey make them like fantasy goods and superhumans in older games they where just a civilization that existed before the humans. The Animus shows you a realistic historical setting like reality except the one in Odyssey because they fill greek with fantasy and magic what is not real.

I said that the Egyptian Gods where Animus Glitches. Curse of Pharaohs events where Illusions by the apple of eden. The Afterlife is a Illusion and the Pharaohs you fight in Thebes are one too. The speek in the witheroom with the order of Ancient members is a ability that some Assassins have because their ISU Blood.
    https://assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/Memory_Corridor
    They give you a cool cinematic cutscenes odyssey is the first AC game who doesn´t feature them and give us instead boring and bad animated dialogues...

The most notably point how bad odyssey treat realism is that you are a Demi god with a spear that give you magic powers. Of course it is a POE but the POEs in older games where never so overpowered as in odyssey. Next thing is that Origins move their fantasy stuff in DLCs (expect the snake battle but this was a dream) while Odyssey made it to an part of the main game and try us to explain why mythical beasts where real and it did that very poorly....

I think it is very sad that Odyssey made Assassins Creed to a Fantasy RPG game and take away realism. Even Odyssey Developers said that the neglect historical accuracy because they think that a greek game must feature a Minotaurs.