I'd really like to see an NTRK of effective gunnery in the P-47. I was flying against Me 210s yesterday, and even though they are huge and were sitting in approx. the convergence spot, I couldn't really score a strong series of hits on them.

So, if you're proud of your P-47 gunnery, I'd love to see it...

(Don't come here to complain for or against the .50cal guns, gun yaw, pro- or anti-US bias or anything like that - you'll be politely ignored!)<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------------------------------------
    PhilipsCDRw

PF_Tini's Simple Guide to Switching 4.04m, 4.05m, and 4.07m.
    Flying on Hyperlobby as EAF_T_Dozer

I'd really like to see an NTRK of effective gunnery in the P-47. I was flying against Me 210s yesterday, and even though they are huge and were sitting in approx. the convergence spot, I couldn't really score a strong series of hits on them.

So, if you're proud of your P-47 gunnery, I'd love to see it...

(Don't come here to complain for or against the .50cal guns, gun yaw, pro- or anti-US bias or anything like that - you'll be politely ignored!)<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

------------------------------------------------------------
    PhilipsCDRw

PF_Tini's Simple Guide to Switching 4.04m, 4.05m, and 4.07m.
    Flying on Hyperlobby as EAF_T_Dozer

I'm no expert, but I have experimented with the p47 online some. I do best with either conv set at 150 or 320. I always opt for extra ammo and at 320 I let them have it in the first pass. I start firing far out and fire until they pass (It will shoot for ever and a day with extra ammo). I am always very conservative with ammo online, but not with the p47. When set at 150, it is devestating, but you run the risk of collision when in a hard dive. Any conv in between is useless to me. Its a hard plane to fly, and I am guilty of getting suckered into a turn. When I do that I'm done. I don't have any ntrks, but I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    set 2 different convergances, then setup a qmb with 4xb17, 4x a twin bomber

practise like that then move onto fighter targets.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Do you have your track available ?? <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Against bombers always aim for one wing and stick with it. If you damage it enough the target will become uncontrollable and go in. And the more hits on the same engine the great chance it will catch fire. Raking the whole plane is far less effective.

I'm definitely not a P-47 expert...

However, i found the Me-210 catch fire rather easily.

http://hoarmurath.free.fr/files/p47vsme210.zip<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

56Kers are strongly advised to NOT click on my signature

I always try to fly the P-47D as a rule, here is the convergance you need in iL2 when flying the P-47D -

MG: 300M
    Canon: 350M

This gives you a wider spread of fire, a single burst with this convergance will pop any fighter instantly but this doesnt mean 100% of the time (you still need a good aim)

Use this convergance and you should have instant success, i arnet at home so i cant send you a track right now but give it a go<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Brain32's Avatar Senior Member
    Dissregard the name of the track please
    http://www.esnips.com/doc/4ff24d07-986f-4af5-ac8f-f511e...rmodelled_50cal.ntrk

Convergence; both 300m<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

This is my sig

I'm using a convergence of 250 cannon and 200 MG's right now. Start firing early and continue thru your target. Just like was mentioned earlier...keep your aim on one wing or the other.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">