Warrior's Den January 31st

Darkness is coming

The knights of black cometh \m/<(-.-)>\m/

We have a new season!

New weekly quest will be full of Black Priors

New rewards in the arcade pool, purple plasma effect in weekly arcade and battle outfit in regular.

Executioner challenge in the harbour event playlist

Content of the week, mask outfits, one per faction

New roadmap

Any suggestions or ideas for the three year anniversary which also happens to be their one hundredth show drop a line.

Matchmaking update

They are making changes with how they determine skill rating.

They introduced tests in the last few weeks, an exploratory approach which included surveys on reddit and tests regarding reducing the importance of reputation in the matchmaking and introducing the importance of skill.

They have found that the gap in skill mode went down and matchmaking times decreased, on the flip side they got a lot of comments that there were huge reputation ranges (which was to be expected).

The second test they brought back the reputation importance, they again lowered skill ranges and matchmaking times and they also reduced the reputation spread.

They have not yet found the sweet spot, they are analysing data and currently theparameters are at their default settings.

Their skill rating system. Skill rating used to take into account personal score and whether a player's team won or lost the game. The system had made more important personal performance, now it is more about win/loss records. An example they gave is take breach, there is a player who is not near an objective and they hold off four players but ultimately die they get no score but the rest of the team has likely had free rein for the last minute or so, on the flip side a spawn camper can get a lot of points but their team could lose because they were short handed where it mattered.

Their skill rating has been reset to reflect the changes in the skill rating logic, it might take a few days for it to stabilise.

They announced then winners of the For The Creed contest.

A few known issues

Shugoki : Bug when hit by pikemen or soldiers his reaction doesn't properly allow for defense. Successful headbutt giving unwanted armour applied for 100ms. Timing for zone into headbutt is 100ms later than a regular attack into headbutt allowing for a free GB if dodged.
    Black Prior. Blocked light attacks guaranteeing Tenebris Rising into light attack against out of stamina opponents or when black prior is in revenge. Successful Superior light attack guaranteeing Tenebris Rising.

The game is free on PS4 in February.

It is also on offer for PC on GMG https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/for-honor

Community corner and wrap

Hi. I just want to say this game is amazing. Thanks you for making this game. It's one of my favorite games and I love it. it gets better and better every season. Thank you for bringing new things to this game for entertaining us. ❤❤❤❤❤

Myself and many others have been having an issue with getting the new winter gear added by the update to drop. Is there a rep requirement to get the get to drop or could it be an issue with the update? During the Halloween event and the Assassins Creed Event loot was dropping all over the place. But I played for 5 hours last night, doing duels, brawls, dominion, the event dominion in the harbor and breach and not a single winter themed gear piece dropped. So I was wondering whats going on here.

Originally Posted by PaulydaEagle Go to original post
    Myself and many others have been having an issue with getting the new winter gear added by the update to drop. Is there a rep requirement to get the get to drop or could it be an issue with the update? During the Halloween event and the Assassins Creed Event loot was dropping all over the place. But I played for 5 hours last night, doing duels, brawls, dominion, the event dominion in the harbor and breach and not a single winter themed gear piece dropped. So I was wondering whats going on here.
    Last night I played like 4 hours and only got one piece of a weapon.

I played only with my knights that are lvl20+. I think the drop of these new winter stuff is way lower than drop rate of previous events because it is not a formal event (actually the piece of weapon I got does not have any special symbol in the name).

They only added this new stuff to the large amount of of current items the probability of getting that new item is very low.

The good thing is that they won’t be removed after a period of time. So keep playing my friend and good luck!

BTW. I can’t tell if this new stuff requires a rep requirement due to the chars I used

I love that the drop rate is that rare.
    my struggle now is do i level my new BP??? or do i grind my Raider for that amazing axe head??? decisons decisions.

and as mentioned above. I love this game..more and more as time goes by. The BP is amazing. but now that I hav e a few reps i am understanding his weaknesses too.
    well done Ubi. keep it up

Recap up
     2 people found this helpful

UbiInsulin's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by CandleInTheDark Go to original post
    Recap up
    Thanks as usual for the great work, Candle!

Tundra 793's Avatar Senior Member
    Have any of y'all gotten any of these new "icy" weapons? I've played a crapton for two days now, done all the orders, all kinds of modes, and not a single drop of anything so far.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Tundra 793 Go to original post
    Have any of y'all gotten any of these new "icy" weapons? I've played a crapton for two days now, done all the orders, all kinds of modes, and not a single drop of anything so far.
    ive got pommel of my raider axe.....so rare

Man still no luck here for axe head and shaft. ive spent 5k steel too on boxes