Hope

I REALLY DO HOPE that they won't make it like a game where you have to be 2 or more to complete a mission (in main story). And please for God's sake don't make a "season pass" thing in your game. So now that these things are out of the way. I truly believe in them it is a original cast from BGE 1 who is making the BGE 2 and as long as they can take the lead and they decide on to how the sequel will begin and end. Then the online thingy doesn't bother me.
    But please dear God do not put in season passes or cosmetic packs for characters that you can only buy with money. Because I miss the days when you had a helmet (for an example) on you and the only way to get that helmet was to do something very hard in game and later on you could flex on all of your friends or online by showing it off.
    I want to earn things not buy it with money...

Stop blaming ubisoft

Originally Posted by Patricia81994 Go to original post
    Now this was a game that i was really looking forward to and then i read that it is online only why why why ???

I'm soooooo disappointed right now.

I also played the first BGaE game and loved it so i hope that with this thread i can change your minds and that you guys make it single player to.
    Ubisoft is the corporation not the "game creators" they only fund the game.
    If I remember it correctly
    I can be wrong

Single Player fans of the original game

I am also a fan of the original game. I personally prefer single player games but I do have a few multiplayer games but all of those had a single player campaign that acted as a lead up, or trainer game, for the multiplayer (MMO) game which I think is a good idea when it comes to some of these newer games with such huge game environments.

Early on BG&E2 was supposed to be this format. It also had some ties to the original game. Then the development process went quiet.. All hope was lost...

Then a few months ago I found a trailer for the game which lit me up and had me excited again. Especially since the game graphics had gone full on CGI to
    almost real look in the worlds and characters.

Then I found there was no further news or information about the single player aspects of the game. That was my let down.

They need to open the game back up for fans of the classic who prefer to play, or are limited to, offline by adding or incorporating an opening or training, or
    an outright campaign story that can be played offline or online that leads up to the online game so we can ALL enjoy it at it's fullest. You never know. There
    could always be more gamers playing the SP story finding it enticing enough to follow it into the online play.. That's more market shares isn't it??

Yes. That was a shameful appeal to the developer's desire to make profits..

Just my input...

Originally Posted by eskimosound Go to original post
    What's wrong with you all, Online only is the way games are these days, get used to it.
    It's going to be brilliant
    I really don't see the issue here. Michel Ancel said, explicitly, that Beyond Good & Evil 2 would have an entirely unobtrusive, entirely optional multiplayer mode, and that BG&E2 would be an extremely story and character focused game. Then the higher ups told him to get lost and forced the developers into making one of their unambitious multiplayer collectomania games with always online DRM. That turned the fans of the original games away in droves, which is the reason why this forum is dead. The Space Monkey Program especially, dead, because they violently ignored the player input.

It's not going to be brilliant, it's not going to be at all. They're cancelling it again, this time for good.

Which, sadly, is the best end for this franchise that I could at this point still hope for.

PurpleRainDMSR's Avatar Member
    An undisclosed location, cursing Yoo-Bee-Swindled for making BG&E2 always-online-only
    I ain't a religious person at all, but amen to the topic of this thread.

Beyond Good and Evil was/still is one of my absolute favorite PS2 games, and as such, I have done with this game what I do all my favorite story-driven series' and completely stayed away from news on it so I can avoid spoilers. Somehow the other day, though, it came to my attention that the sequel is slated to be an always-online-only coop title and I think that is complete garbage.

After 15+ years of waiting for this game, to find out that it will essentially only be playable for as long as the servers are up is beyond disgusting to me.

Slight (but relevant) detour here, but bear with me as I mention that of my favorite gaming franchises is the Hitman series.

To take y'all on a trip down memory road: I took a computer drafting class, along with a couple other computer classes in the same PC lab, at my high school back in... I guess it was 2000 or 2001. Many of the computers in that lab had various PC games installed on them and we would often finish our classwork early and spend the rest of those periods playing Midtown Madness, or multiplayer LAN matches on Half-Life or GTA 2. My computer happened to have the first Hitman game in it. Loved it and have been a devotee of the series ever since. Heck, I just finished a replay of Blood Money and am currently replaying Absolution on my PS4.

Back to today.

The latest Hitman games went this same direction, requiring a persistent internet connection to access large sections of the game and it's unlockables. A sudden drop in connection while playing can and will cause the game to kick you from the level you're playing and force you to restart in a much, much more limited offline mode. I have not and will not play either of those games because this bull crap of forcing players to be tethered to an internet connection to play their games is a despicable practice that should be outlawed along with loot crates.

I have been looking forward to Beyond Good and Evil 2 as much as anyone, if not more so than most, but I have resolved that I WILL NOT purchase or play it now that I have discovered what Ubisoft has planned for it as far as this topic goes.

If Ubisoft is good at one thing anymore, it's that they sure have a knack for ruining the series' I grew up loving... turning Ghost Recon into an always online GTA/ Farcry Clone; turning Rainbow Six into a hero twitch shooter while removing/disc-locking large amounts of content from it and constantly pushing new paid content schemes; completely abandoning the formula that made the first 3 or 4 Splinter Cell games so great; and now this.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by PurpleRainDMSR Go to original post
    I ain't a religious person at all, but amen to the topic of this thread.

Beyond Good and Evil was/still is one of my absolute favorite PS2 games, and as such, I have done with this game what I do all my favorite story-driven series' and completely stayed away from news on it so I can avoid spoilers. Somehow the other day, though, it came to my attention that the sequel is slated to be an always-online-only coop title and I think that is complete garbage.

After 15+ years of waiting for this game, to find out that it will essentially only be playable for as long as the servers are up is beyond disgusting to me.

Slight (but relevant) detour here, but bear with me as I mention that of my favorite gaming franchises is the Hitman series.

To take y'all on a trip down memory road: I took a computer drafting class, along with a couple other computer classes in the same PC lab, at my high school back in... I guess it was 2000 or 2001. Many of the computers in that lab had various PC games installed on them and we would often finish our classwork early and spend the rest of those periods playing Midtown Madness, or multiplayer LAN matches on Half-Life or GTA 2. My computer happened to have the first Hitman game in it. Loved it and have been a devotee of the series ever since. Heck, I just finished a replay of Blood Money and am currently replaying Absolution on my PS4.

Back to today.

The latest Hitman games went this same direction, requiring a persistent internet connection to access large sections of the game and it's unlockables. A sudden drop in connection while playing can and will cause the game to kick you from the level you're playing and force you to restart in a much, much more limited offline mode. I have not and will not play either of those games because this bull crap of forcing players to be tethered to an internet connection to play their games is a despicable practice that should be outlawed along with loot crates.

I have been looking forward to Beyond Good and Evil 2 as much as anyone, if not more so than most, but I have resolved that I WILL NOT purchase or play it now that I have discovered what Ubisoft has planned for it as far as this topic goes.

If Ubisoft is good at one thing anymore, it's that they sure have a knack for ruining the series' I grew up loving... turning Ghost Recon into an always online GTA/ Farcry Clone; turning Rainbow Six into a hero twitch shooter while removing/disc-locking large amounts of content from it and constantly pushing new paid content schemes; completely abandoning the formula that made the first 3 or 4 Splinter Cell games so great; and now this.
    This is a common thing in a game industry unfortunately

Originally Posted by Kr0Zi Go to original post
    Ubisoft is the corporation not the "game creators" they only fund the game.
    If I remember it correctly
    I can be wrong
    I do not agree with you if Ubisoft would tell the game creators to make the game single player only they would do that period. Ubisoft is a big corporation with a lot of power and i also bet that those game creators work for Ubisoft.
     1 people found this helpful