1. #1

    Why Ubisoft why is this game online only ???

    Now this was a game that i was really looking forward to and then i read that it is online only why why why ???

    I'm soooooo disappointed right now.

    I also played the first BGaE game and loved it so i hope that with this thread i can change your minds and that you guys make it single player to.
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillys
    Posts
    1,567
    It is really disappointing! A 15 year wait for this.

    There is a heavy presence against it being online only, but they still don't care.

    As a stated by a forum member before, Ubi should do a survey. This will determine fans take on it being online only.
     4 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake Go to original post
    It is really disappointing! A 15 year wait for this.

    There is a heavy presence against it being online only, but they still don't care.

    As a stated by a forum member before, Ubi should do a survey. This will determine fans take on it being online only.
    Yes it is really disappointing.

    Well then at least i'm glad that i'm not alone in this more votes is of course always better. Let's hope that we can convince them to change their minds.

    If we do nothing we will certainly lose so ... *fingers crossed*.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillys
    Posts
    1,567
    Originally Posted by Patricia81994 Go to original post
    Yes it is really disappointing.

    Well then at least i'm glad that i'm not alone in this more votes is of course always better. Let's hope that we can convince them to change their minds.

    If we do nothing we will certainly lose so ... *fingers crossed*.

    They do know its a bad move, they are looking at it from a damage limitation point of view. As long as they can profit, they don't care if the original fanbase is p**sed off.

    What would people prefer? A lifeless, microtransaction, lootbox ridden multiplayer experience, or offline single player campaign with soul?

    It has the potential to work as a online social experience, that could be fun, with mini-games. From what i've seen from the combat mechanics, it doesn't look like it'll work as a competitive game. I'm not even opposing multiplayer, just keep it separate from the offline multiplayer.

    This was marketed as a offline single-player game, now its a online game only. This begs two questions:

    Have they scrapped the single player story for the game? If so, this doesn't bare to have the name, "Beyond Good & Evil". If it does have a single-player story, then why isn't it available to play offline?
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    JusticiaPoetica's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Canarias, España / Canary Islands, Spain
    Posts
    11
    Online only is really awful. Sometimes I like to play on my mobile pc outside from home and I don't have an internet connection.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    I did a survey for this game a year or so ago and did a write up in it on how it would be cool if they had a single player experience that rolled into a multiplayer experience like an MMO after you complete the story; but only because the scope of this particular game they are building warrants sharing the experience with others.

    It's a huge game, and the worlds are huge. Why waste that potential on just being a single player experience you toss to the side after you finish most of the content like Assassin's Creed Odyssey? Roaming huge worlds alone or with only a few folks (if you actually have people to play with) would be boring to some. Open world sandbox is what I imagine for this game, like SWG. Granted things have changed since I played a game like Star Wars Galaxies, but if that game had been single player it would have absolutely sucked. In fact the only thing that made that game fun was the community. While I share a lot of the frustration some of you folks have over the is being online only, I disagree that taking it entirely off-line will save it from the loot box fiasco. That is another argument entirely.

    I'm not gonna claim credit for the whole switching gears, but I assume it's because of that survey they learned from many others that they all share the same opinion and they changed direction a bit based on some of that feedback. I imagine they are going more in the direction of GTA as opposed to an MMORPG.

    So here I propose a question; would it lesson the blow if they offered both a live service option and allowed you to play all of the content in it's entirety off-line for those who do not wish to play a social version of the game?
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Patricia81994 Go to original post
    Now this was a game that i was really looking forward to and then i read that it is online only why why why ???

    I'm soooooo disappointed right now.

    I also played the first BGaE game and loved it so i hope that with this thread i can change your minds and that you guys make it single player to.
    Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake Go to original post
    It is really disappointing! A 15 year wait for this.

    There is a heavy presence against it being online only, but they still don't care.

    As a stated by a forum member before, Ubi should do a survey. This will determine fans take on it being online only.
    Originally Posted by JusticiaPoetica Go to original post
    Online only is really awful. Sometimes I like to play on my mobile pc outside from home and I don't have an internet connection.
    Originally Posted by Tillerz Go to original post
    I did a survey for this game a year or so ago and did a write up in it on how it would be cool if they had a single player experience that rolled into a multiplayer experience like an MMO after you complete the story; but only because the scope of this particular game they are building warrants sharing the experience with others.

    It's a huge game, and the worlds are huge. Why waste that potential on just being a single player experience you toss to the side after you finish most of the content like Assassin's Creed Odyssey? Roaming huge worlds alone or with only a few folks (if you actually have people to play with) would be boring to some. Open world sandbox is what I imagine for this game, like SWG. Granted things have changed since I played a game like Star Wars Galaxies, but if that game had been single player it would have absolutely sucked. In fact the only thing that made that game fun was the community. While I share a lot of the frustration some of you folks have over the is being online only, I disagree that taking it entirely off-line will save it from the loot box fiasco. That is another argument entirely.

    I'm not gonna claim credit for the whole switching gears, but I assume it's because of that survey they learned from many others that they all share the same opinion and they changed direction a bit based on some of that feedback. I imagine they are going more in the direction of GTA as opposed to an MMORPG.

    So here I propose a question; would it lesson the blow if they offered both a live service option and allowed you to play all of the content in it's entirety off-line for those who do not wish to play a social version of the game?
    What's wrong with you all, Online only is the way games are these days, get used to it.
    It's going to be brilliant and you are already hating it.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Did you actually read what I wrote. I'm in support of it.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hillys
    Posts
    1,567
    Originally Posted by eskimosound Go to original post
    What's wrong with you all, Online only is the way games are these days, get used to it.
    It's going to be brilliant and you are already hating it.
    Online is not even the problem, Ubi is gonna use it as a gateway to monetise the game. Having said that, I still would prefer the game to be offline, I would like to own my game and not want to be forced to play online. They are gonna shoehorn predominantly single-players into playing online.

    There has been some really good coverage in media about live service games. Basically, you are paying full price for shells of games or broken ones.

    Creatively, the game is gonna be beautiful and be mechanically solid(providing the combat gets fine tuned). However, to what extent will the narrative will be impacted, after it becoming online only?
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake Go to original post
    They do know its a bad move, they are looking at it from a damage limitation point of view. As long as they can profit, they don't care if the original fanbase is p**sed off.

    What would people prefer? A lifeless, microtransaction, lootbox ridden multiplayer experience, or offline single player campaign with soul?

    It has the potential to work as a online social experience, that could be fun, with mini-games. From what i've seen from the combat mechanics, it doesn't look like it'll work as a competitive game. I'm not even opposing multiplayer, just keep it separate from the offline multiplayer.

    This was marketed as a offline single-player game, now its a online game only. This begs two questions:

    Have they scrapped the single player story for the game? If so, this doesn't bare to have the name, "Beyond Good & Evil". If it does have a single-player story, then why isn't it available to play offline?
    If polygon limitation means it wont look real whats another 4k fans from anime, ...Minding lang rules sec... Provide realism is now seen, anime in its aspect is aimed at people being older than their element, an intruder the child of the vet grabs the gun, in aspect lightsabres are unreal to vibro-sonic swords which force the pressure of the nerves apart so it slices flesh easily. As offline it should be I am 8 hours a day playing crippled i promise next month but a monthly occurrence for co op is so reasonable i wont ask 2 buns with my trpl cheesbrgr because the meat fits there.
    Share this post