New 'Defensive' Game Content Idea

Alexios and Kassandra are always on the offensive in AC Odyssey. The story could include new defensive content, which would provide some balance to the story's main offensive mode. Imagine a region in Greece where Alexios/Kassandra have acquired their own fort after years of earning drachme and looting treasures. The fort could be positioned at the top of a hill with a port at the foot of the hill for docking the Adrestia. The fort would be occupied by Alexio's/Kassandra's family and loyal Lieutenants that protect it.. Now, imagine Alexios's and Kassandra's enemies over the years crossing the Aegean and traveling through city states to attack Alexios/Kassandra & Co. in the fort. Do these enemies ever win and take over Alexios's/Kassandra's fort? If yes, then the plot deepens...

Ric
     1 people found this helpful

UbiSnout's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi Tecnomix!

That's a great idea! I loved the "Defend the phoenix nest" side quest in Final Fantasy 7. That was a nice twist on the regular turn based fight system.

Tell us where on Odyssey's map do you see the hero's fort?

(I am moving your thread to the regular Odyssey forum. You will have a better exposure)

Ghost416's Avatar Senior Member
    The only "defensive" aspect that needs to be added is a shield. Where's my damn shield, Ubisoft? An entire DLC gets rewritten because the gay community doesn't like how it played out, but you won't add something that a large portion of the member base here has been asking for since before the game even released?
     1 people found this helpful

so then we would end up with a fort next to a home we have no purpose for in the game and ship we also already have. PLenty of defensive stuff to already through conquest quests...

Location of Fort

After playing Legacy of the First Blade: Episode 2, it seemed that an ideal spot for the hero’s fort would be Istion Valley in Achia – near Alexios’s/Kassandra’s current home. It’s a nice region with the Dyme village and good access to the ocean. Neema commented that “This place is good for her father,” who “…ran and fought for 28 years.”

If you go north from the home’s synchronization point, there is a cove with a marooned ship and a couple of boats. The cove could become a new port for the Adrestia when the hero is at his fort. The fort itself would be located above the cove and recessed away from the top of the cliff. The cave at the bottom of the cove could be one access point to the fort.

I envision the fort as more than a mere fortress. It could become symbolic for the beginning of a new Assassin’s Creed order created by the hero and Darius.

If executed correctly, then yes, it would be nice, though I am not sure how 'defense' fits in the life of a mercenary.

But defense hasn't been something that has been used much in AC games in past. The only time that I remember is the defense in AC Revelations, and that was extremely mediocre.

ManIsNoOne62's Avatar Senior Member
    It's an interesting concept which I would favor if it were an "optional" feature. I get my fill of mass killings currently by doing conquest battles and prefer the quiet efficiency of doing assassinations.