croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    It should be relatively high, to discourage the constant smurfing, especially on console. At a minimum, I'd make it level 50.

N3mB0t's Avatar Senior Member
    i agree with the 50 too.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Slammin_Penguin Go to original post
    That's an interesting way of looking at it but my only problem with what you have said would be that you must have a full squad to do your placements. Should this be the same squad for each placement game? The way I see it, this can be a deterrent for many people including myself who primarily solo queue and don't have a squad available. In my 2 years playing the game the most I've ever had in a squad is 3 people including myself and this isn't very often at all. It's not so easy for everyone to find a squad either.

Not having a limit to play ranked seems like interesting way which may or may not work. This would definitely increase the amount of people in lower ranks naturally. I actually wouldn't mind that as long as these unranked newbies doing their placements on level 1 aren't coming into my gold games then I'm happy.
    What if players got a charm or skin that was awarded for going through their placement matches? I think everyone would find a way to find a compatible group during their casual playtime.

It was no different in the beginning when everyone had a mic and most players would find a group before entering ranked because that improved their odds at ranking up. Now it seems ranked is more or less an over glorified casual mode for most soloist, and they even complain that ranked does not have a group/random allocation system.

I think if players had to create a group (any group) for doing their placement matches then they would eventually find a way to revert back to day one status and get with the program. There would be less smurfing and tanking because of the availability of willing players. Stacks could still do this but not as easily due to the fact that they would have to do it together. IMO, this would result in a vastly superior entrance into the ranked system for many players and would relieve pressure on getting into legitimate ranked matches (as you are currently experiencing yourself)