Can't play with a sub account

Hi with the master account I'm able to play online and also offline when the ubisoft server are not available. With a sub account with the age restrictions to login is not possible to play the game at all.

It's a shame the game is loading but nothing can be done in it; is there anything that can be done to allow the sub account to play? apart to create a new account instead of the sub account?

Cheers

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi aurochurus! Welcome to the forums. Can you clarify what platform you play Steep on?

right I'm on PS4 pro

Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    In order to share content on PS4 and PS4 pro, the master account would need to have that specific console set as the primary console.
    This guide will walk you through that process if that has not been done.

Also, as the game is currently free with PS+ at the moment, if the game was obtained through PS+, both accounts would need a PS+ subscription in order to play it.

If you're still having issues, please let us know

The user is not connected to PSN because of age restriction (9yrs old) and the game is completely unusable. Others accounts that can connect to PSN are able to play the game downloaded as free from PS+; only the master account with subscription.
    This restriction is quite annoying.

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey aurochurus!

Thank you for your response.

As the game has a PEGI rating for players who are 12 years and over, the age restriction plays a vital role here and therefore seems to be reason you're unable to play it. Additionally, it appears that you would be unable to change your date of birth on PlayStation account and therefore once it's set - it's set. (Source).

I do apologise if this is not the outcome you may have expected!

HI Ubi-Kar,

thanks for the reply. I was expecting this answer after reading around about these problems.
    I mainly found odd that the game let the player do part or all of the introduction once without any psn connection, but if you launch again the application (still no psn connection) it's start complaining because ubisoft servers are not reachable and the game start a loop where it does some checks/loading and give the same error message forever.
    As said in other accounts with psn connection when the ubisoft server is not reacheable (it states the game is offline on the top right of the screen), it let you play on part of the game just giving a warning that the online content is not possible to be used.
    Because of this, I was hoping also the subaccount could with the age restriction could have some fun in any case.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    If the PSN account is not linked to a Ubisoft account, it would need to be. However, the game is for ages 12 and up, so the account needs to abide by that age limit.

Sub-account issue

Hi Ubi-Karl,

I have the same issue. We bought Steep game for PS4 for our son. He has a kid account on PS4 with age limitation set to 15 years. But he is unable to connect to PS network,even though the game rating is set to 12. We even sent a request from his PS login to allow for online communication - this is now allowed under my parent PS account. But Steep still does not go online even if I set his account age limit to 18 years.
    Moreover, I doubt my parent PS account is linked to Ubisoft account.

Thanks

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey skeletorek,

I am sorry to hear that.

Is your Son able to connect to other games? Is it just Steep that he cannot log into?