Online bullying

Dear Ubisoft,

Your system of banning people encourages bullies to group together to teamkill and then ban those who attempt to either help out other team members who are being bullied or else stand up for themselves.

I would be interested to hear what Ubisoft is doing to try to tackle its cyberbullying problem. I'd also be interested to hear whether you would ever consider allowing a no-teamkill option in Rainbow Six Seige, which would prevent teamkilling and cause much of that sort of bullying to stop.

Thanks
     2 people found this helpful

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Turning off Friendly-Fire has never been on the table, as far as I know, because of how much of an impact it would have on the core gameplay.

The current TK punishment system is definitely not perfect and the team is aware of some of the issues that can arise with squads abusing the buffer.

Saying the system encourages bullying seems a bit harsh, what about it specifically do you feel entices players to TK?

I've seen many players suggest something along the lines of "Punish/Forgive" options after you've been TK'd, would something like that fix the problem in your eyes?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Turning off Friendly-Fire has never been on the table, as far as I know, because of how much of an impact it would have on the core gameplay.

The current TK punishment system is definitely not perfect and the team is aware of some of the issues that can arise with squads abusing the buffer.

Saying the system encourages bullying seems a bit harsh, what about it specifically do you feel entices players to TK?

I've seen many players suggest something along the lines of "Punish/Forgive" options after you've been TK'd, would something like that fix the problem in your eyes?
    Punish/ forgive is something. But imagine shooting someone by mistake. He is angry and thou You didn’t really want to hit him, You get punished. It will Force players to be more careful.
    Right now it look like this:
    You get TK by one guy and in next round his friend is TK You and in another round another. You cant fight back.
    I would also see toxicity measurement. Something like, counting TK in casual and ranked for every player. If TK rate go above average than let matchmaking find this guy speciall lobby where another like him are playing. This should apply to him and his friends in team. I mean, when friends have one guy or more with average high TK, all team play in special toxic lobby. If guy solo que than automatically should be logged in toxic lobby.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    @ johnrambo_1980: The forum has discussed a toxic only server before, but because of the availability of smurf accounts I don't think it's a viable solution and would only use up resources.

I agree with your opinion of a forgive/punish option in that once you make a mistake you might as well be punished because of the probability of randoms becoming hostile after you kill them.

It's why I think a team kill should still be 'forgiven' once by default, but you're also able to 'remove' a player in the same round as you get team killed, but it counts as one of your 2 allotted team kills. Meaning, you wont be able to team kill be it by accident or on purpose or you get removed from the match. You could still 'punish' other players for continued team kills and any other player comminting two team kills will still be removed.

I personally think this is the best deterrent and would be the ideal way to combat toxic team killing. What say you?

Melikethegames's Avatar Banned

how it fu## ubiosft not know it in 3 year frends can help buddy to teamkill

What you need is a "reputation" system
    Let players RATE other players

This would allow players with toxic trends to be identified

Those who only occasionally act toxic, well, there honestly isn't a good way to deal with them.

I believe the game already has a reputation system as part of matchmaking. I'm sure it was in one of Rogue-9's videos.

xB0Z0x's Avatar Junior Member
    LOL Cyberbullying? Serious OP?

the issue with the reputation system that you propose is there are people that would purposely rank everyone else poorly. But I could see where if your reputation shows you're very toxic, then being grouped with similarily ranked people would be nice. Although there are people that would rate other players poorly.

You're still assuming there isn't already a reputation system in Siege.

I'm pretty sure FairFight has one. I'm not sure about BattlEye but, since it bans players it must do?

Plus, I think Rogue-9 said in one of his videos that Siege uses the Microsoft/Xbox reputation system for matchmaking.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by FindFixFinish Go to original post
    Plus, I think Rogue-9 said in one of his videos that Siege uses the Microsoft/Xbox reputation system for matchmaking.
    What this implies is that most players that complain about excessive toxic behavior are toxic themselves. That would be funny as hell.

Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    What this implies is that most players that complain about excessive toxic behavior are toxic themselves. That would be funny as hell.
    That is absolutely correct and it's why I think toxic behaviour exists.

They say that you cannot help an alcoholic unless they want to help themselves.

If people won't admit they're part of the problem then it goes on and on.

Unfortunately a reputation system will not work because automatically as a solo queuing into a lobby you will inevitably run into tthe toxic 3 or 4 stack. They will bully you and then give you a bad rating so it’s way too biased a system ti implement.

Removing team killing Is obviously out of the question.

The forgive/punish button will get abused like the vote to kick button

I have to agree in part that in some way Ubisoft you are encouraging the bullying. You and Microsoft are not on the same page when it comes to code of conduct violations. As a matter of fact, you’re miles apart.

You have team kill sanctions in place but when you’re getting literally circle jerked by a toxic 4 stack just because you didn’t pick recruit or just because and they take turns doing it in order to avoid those sanctions then the entire thing loses credibility.

So yes you do encourage team killing and cyber bullying. If i showed you my recorded game clips of the level of bullying and toxicity in your game, you’d be SHOCKED!
     2 people found this helpful

Major2's Avatar Senior Member
    It would help with granting a pardon to someone who you know accidentally TK'ed you. But how would it change anything for intentional TK's? If not forgiven, then do you boot and temp ban the person after 1 TK? 2 TK's? If 2 then how's that different from current system. I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is no full proof way to stop trolls and dbags online. All you can do is stop crying and begging UBi to protect you and toughen up. It's just a game after all.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ARTICUL8R Go to original post
    ...So yes you do encourage team killing and cyber bullying...
    You and I have a very different definition of "encouraging". I'm not aware of any gaming company that "encourage" any kind of toxic behavior.

Let's be clear on something, the toxicity comes from the players and the fact that a majority of people do nothing to stop them. I'd bet that toxicity would be much less prevalent if the community was much more vocal and proactive when encountering these toxic players. Instead, we have the very common bystander reaction of "it's not my problem"...

One way to simply get at the toxic teammates is simply report them and leave the match. Simple as that. IF they want to take turns team killing, they can do so when its a 4 v 5 because I'm not gonna be apart of that.

At the start of every match, I instantly chat mute the enemy team. They have nothing to say that will catch my interest in this game aside from talk mad crap and I frankly don't care to even see it. I'll do the same to teammates who start ****. Yeah I might miss out on callouts and the such but frankly, if people around you are being toxic, insulting you, and team killing you. You have the tools to already deal with them. Mute them, and ignore, or completely leave and find another match.

This question may seem to someone uninteresting and somehow funny, unimportant, but this problem is very serious, on this website you can study very sensible material about the causes and effects of cyberbullying, which is written by a professional, and covers this question briefly but informatively, to help you figure out the problem faster.

Originally Posted by PurpleMonkey292 Go to original post
    Dear Ubisoft,

Your system of banning people encourages bullies to group together to teamkill and then ban those who attempt to either help out other team members who are being bullied or else stand up for themselves.

I would be interested to hear what Ubisoft is doing to try to tackle its cyberbullying problem. I'd also be interested to hear whether you would ever consider allowing a no-teamkill option in Rainbow Six Seige, which would prevent teamkilling and cause much of that sort of bullying to stop.

Thanks
    This won't stop them. So no Friendly fire? Ok lets destroy team gadgets and run around infront or behind you and shoot so they know where you are and you can't shoot or play. That doesn't work? Then they will tell the other team where you are and then tell you how bad you are when you die because of it. Still not working? Open all walls or reinforcing between sites. Still not working all good lets just start picking clash or monty blocking you in a room! Like you are NEVER going to get rid of this stuff ever. There is no way. You would literally have to just delete every part of this game and end up with nothing. Mute them and when the game ends just move on.

UbiShoreman's Avatar Community Representative
    Please refrain from necro-ing old threads! Double check the date of threads before commenting on them.