UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager

Creating a 24th Century Shanty: 40 Lashes

40 Lashes is a space shanty produced as part of the Beyond Good & Evil 2 + HITRECORD collaboration. We featured it during the Space Monkey Report #3 Live Stream, so you may have heard it already.

Some of the community members that participated in that project shared their story so we can all witness what it was like working in such a collaborative effort.

Check out our latest article: Creating a 24th Century Shanty: 40 Lashes

GarretDanilo's Avatar Member
    Seriously? You are truly serious? After a month of silence from Ubisoft during which the community expressed concerns about the always-online issue THIS is your first post of 2019? This is your method to reassure the fans? Unbelievable.
     3 people found this helpful

Honored to have been a part of the collaboration! Thank you, Ubisoft/BGE2 team/Hitrecord! It's all been a great experience, and I can't wait to play the game!

Great job! The song perfectly conveys the oppression of the hard hybrid slave's life and the desire for freedom.

I imaine this music as a background during a cinematic that follow an hybrid slave who is led to his cell. Or in a cinematic in wich the camera moves through hybrids who are working in the unprotected part of Soma

I'll consider loving the community involvement after you take back all the things that were in that horrible literally soul crushing last 2018 press release.

M-U-D-Z-I's Avatar Junior Member
    Give us offline mode! GIVE US WHAT MICHEAL PROMISED US BACK IN 2017!!!
     1 people found this helpful

Very hyped!!

Seeing the work you guys put in from the gameplay you showed on the last space monkey update got me and a lot of my friends hyped as F/CK we can tell you guys are busting your *** and putting in a lot of effort into the game. I never played the first one but I’m glad you guys are making this in a way it introduces the whole story to a lot of people that are new to it. Keep up the grind!!

I like the online part about the game keap UP the gr8 work and please show us more!! I cant wait kinda sad to see barly anything on youtube

From google-translate:Everything is a big scam! Hitrecord has its secrets of employees who appear as site members or as fans. They all know each other well. Why did Ubisoft force fans to become members of a tiny unknown site that acts as a sect to participate? First they said they wanted fans to participate but did not say that these fans must have good knowledge in photoshop. Have you seen the pictures that were selected? Abomination! An image seems to be a mix of Soviet Russia and Egypt while an image of an elephant carries a plastic bucket on its head while some are pure copies of the Internet. Of course most of the picture is not from fans but from their secret employees, illustrator professionals and freelancers. Over a thousand beautiful pictures have been dropped and these are made in the last days before the expiration of the deadline. UbiSoft did not even want pictures of fans, but he wanted to make a big pomp for a game and Hitrecord also wants (part of the cake) more members and fame. If you carefully look at the page you will see some names spinning constantly in other projects, are there no other members?And interestingly that there are no negative comments. I have been honestly writing for a couple of times what I mean but I was warned by people not to do it because the community would avoid me. I'm also interested in how this team persuaded the chief executive to get money for this weird popular game and not for the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell that players have been waiting for for years. I was a big fan of Ubisoft, and Far Cry5 was my favorite game but now I'm so disappointed because I've made a few pictures every day, really every day one or more pictures to the very end. I did not go to chemotherapy and I needed because I was so excited that my dear gaming company still needs us players to add our seal to the game. I did over 100-150 pictures but apparently none was good for you.If you chose pictures from fans themselves,I said nothing because there were hundreds of better images and these photos you choose are completely incompatible and most importantly not from fans!!!
     1 people found this helpful

@dexsilent - I assure you there aren't any "secret employees" pretending to be fans. There is no scam going on. If you're referring to one of the staff posting all the final images, that's because the hitrecord staff has to do all the spec conforming before delivering the final images to Ubisoft. Just like with the songs and stingers, the final mastered versions were posted by staff. The credit and money still goes to all the people who took part in creating those things. The staff gets none of the money for this project as they are already paid their wage for their work.

I'm sorry you don't like all the images. Personally I think most of them are cool. We all have different tastes, but the Ubisoft team obviously thinks they work well.
    Hitrecord has a real mix of professionals and amateurs all working together. That's why some things look pro while others look more like fan art.

The reason you don't see many negative comments on there is because it's a very positive community. We like to give constructive criticism rather than negative comments.

I could be wrong, but I think I know who you are on Hitrecord. Did you do that cool image of Ganesha with palm leaves? If I'm right about who you are, I think you did some really cool work and I'm sorry more of it didn't get used.

The community would never avoid you for asking questions and respectfully bringing up your concerns. People are always happy to explain and help newcomers to understand how it works. The only time I've seen people get ignored is if they're being jerks.
    It's definitely better to respectfully bring up your concerns there, rather than posting angry false accusations elsewhere.