🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

A CONTENT PATCH REQUIREMENTS! Spoilers on Episode 2 and response on it

A few minutes ago we've got a message from Jonathan Dumont about the situation upon the second episode of The Legacy of The First Blade. I think, everybody already knows what's it all about, but let me tell it to the newcomers. So, in this episode our character, Alexios or Cassandra, is forced in relationships with Darius' son or daughter in which they have a child. And it happens in a game which always leave us a choice on almost every action or quote.

It is a very big shame for Ubisoft. Jonathan tried to prove it saying that it is important for the whole story. What whole story? Some hours ago we've got news that there is no kind of global story (like it was with Desmond) exists anymore. That even storytellers and lore creators take info from wikia.
    So if there is no global story, don't force us to be involved in the relationships we don't want to be in because of "motivation", "legacy", etc.

All of us, who are insulted by this decision, have our own opinions and reasons on why we don't like this plot turn. However, now we have to stay united in our requirements. We are the Ubisoft customers, we paid money for the game and for DLC or even Season Pass. We can't let Ubisoft feed us with this mess. This is why I invoke you to support the idea of A CONTENT PATCH THAT WILL LET US ESCAPE FORCED RELATIONSHIPS AND CHILDBIRTH! Even if it will make some more work for Ubisoft, we have to be satisfied with the product we bought. If we will insist on it, we will have it.
     31 people found this helpful

Also, leave your comments if you can! It will bring thread on the top of the list and more people will see us!
    It has to be a big deal. Let's make it!
     2 people found this helpful

Saixak's Avatar Member
    I'd be all for it, but I doubt it'll happen. Mass Effect 3 had its extended ending bit, so maybe.
     1 people found this helpful

If we will tell Ubisoft about it all the time, this will happen. It's in our hands and we have to react on it!
     2 people found this helpful

I'm all for this. If it happens, it will be after the episode 3, because I'll bet they'll think that they can "fix it" there. When they realize that episode 3 can't make up for the mistakes of episode 2, then maybe they'll consider it
     5 people found this helpful

UnderNorrskenet's Avatar Member
    Totally agree. This is the only right way for Ubi after all this mess.
     4 people found this helpful

@ treshcore
    Tell them all the time? Worked perfect with the shield wish, didn't it?

So, you suggest that they have to rewrite episode 2&3 because you didn't like the endinding? I understand your motivation but could you answer a ew questions please?
    what happens to all the people who like the dlc in it's current state and outcome? Do they have to play it again? - which leads maybe to another ending they don't like? Sounds this fair?
    Should the original ending still exist?
     3 people found this helpful

@Wollyd1878
    what happens to all the people who like the dlc in it's current state and outcome?
    What about all those who don't like it and are forced to see their choices having no meaning? What about all the gays whose Kassandra/Alexios is now bi? The advertisements were clear - freedom of choice, no forcing into any kind of relationship which this DLC proved to be a lie. People paid money for something they were promised to be great for them and it turned out to be a lie. It's wrong and should be fixed no matter how hard it is.
    Do they have to play it again? - which leads maybe to another ending they don't like? Sounds this fair?
    They can keep this ending and just make a meaning to avoiding options which already exist in dialogues. They can also add a third option - prolong the bloodline without entering a romantic relationship. There're many ways of making it work without rewriting episodes.
     3 people found this helpful

Saixak's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Wollyd1878 Go to original post
    @ treshcore
    Tell them all the time? Worked perfect with the shield wish, didn't it?

So, you suggest that they have to rewrite episode 2&3 because you didn't like the endinding? I understand your motivation but could you answer a ew questions please?
    what happens to all the people who like the dlc in it's current state and outcome? Do they have to play it again? - which leads maybe to another ending they don't like? Sounds this fair?

I'm guessing it should be a new option to avoid the romance, but this time, it's real. We get options to rebuke Darius' kid left and right, but none of them matter. They could patch in a new option to rebuke him, and have it actually stick. So no romance. If there needs to be a kid, fine, but no romance for those who don't want it. The original ending still exists, but there can be a new ending for the people who are upset that their gay/lesbian/asexual Greek warrior ended up in a hetero relationship against player's will.
     7 people found this helpful

So, you suggest that they have to rewrite episode 2&3 because you didn't like the endinding?
    This is their problem what their community suggests. We are their customers. Some of us, like me, were playing Assassin's Creed for all these ten years it exists. We have a right to suggest whatever we want and this is going to be Ubisoft's problem in cases, when these suggestions are big enough in the whole community. Now we have this kind of situation.

The original ending should still exist, I'm talking only about a choice to a player to not to be involved in relationships. The ones who are happy with the ending of the episode shouldn't be offended too. They may have the original plot. All we want is just a fair choice for us. That's all.
     6 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►