Tamed pet always disappear on reload or after a cutscene

My tamed pet always.. always disappear on reload of a saved game that i've had a tamed pet and cut scenes make my pet disappear too. I love the idea but it gets bothersome to have to search for another pet especially if I've tamed an alpha pet. I'm actually saving alpha pet spots for later patches hoping they will fix this. I don't want to kill all the elite pet spots and have no big "dog" breed to tame. It's fairly useless to have the skill but I still keep it in my tree for when I just randomly come across animals. The perk boost you can apply is great but you loose your gosh darn pet ever time a reload happens or a cut scene.

The patch notes for 1.1.2 don't really clarify if this is going to be fixed. I'm just hoping..
     1 people found this helpful

Noticed this as well. After a reload of a game save, you lose your tamed animal.

yes, its weird indeed, i saw it in a video and decided not to waste time with taming animals, i was actually liking the idea off a full melee build with just a pet as a addition, but seeing how it always goes away like you say isnt really usefull.

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    When they structure taming like Fallout 4 and they don't die & keep disappearing, I'll happily sink points into Taming.
    Hopefully the next game will feature better taming concepts/designing.

The taming isn't difficult.

Once you know where all the animals are that you want to tame it takes only a couple of minutes.

There is an alpha lion I use on Kephalania so I simply log in, travel to the synch point then run for about ten seconds to its den. Predator shot and its mine and I'm on my way.

The whole process takes like 3 minutes.
     1 people found this helpful

ProdiGurl's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Disneyadventure Go to original post
    The taming isn't difficult.

Once you know where all the animals are that you want to tame it takes only a couple of minutes.

There is an alpha lion I use on Kephalania so I simply log in, travel to the synch point then run for about ten seconds to its den. Predator shot and its mine and I'm on my way.

The whole process takes like 3 minutes.
    Since I don't use it, I wouldn't know - but reading the issues does make it sound like it's a time sinking, serious problem.
    Good to know.