Kinect not seeing players

So I have been through calibration and all that good stuff with our kinect and I have selected kinect as the controller for the game. Our problem is when you are at the join screen the kinect is not seeing players to join. This has also now started happening with the 2018 version as well, we have never had this issue before. Outside of Just Dance the kinect is working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi phpd7102! Welcome to the forums. If you've already tried these Kinect steps, you may want to reach out to Microsoft support for assistance in the event it may be related to the Kinect itself.
    Do you have the game installed on an internal or external HDD? How much space is on your drive? Have you tried these Xbox steps as well?

Please help

I just start having the exact same problem - in just dance 2017. Have you found out what the problem is?

Exactly that problem too...

Completely new xbox and kinect - with Just Dance 2019 - and exactly the same experience in not being able to join a dance. Worked fine with iPhones...

Got it to work...

So I re-calibrated my Kinect - which did include moving it a little forward as it was in fact seeing the edge of the table which might have interfered (?), restarted the xbox and voila it all works...fingers crossed it will stayed that way

UbiGabrinth's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Please anyone who is having this issue make sure to recalibrate your Kinect and then let us know if that doesn't help.

Still not working

Just Dance 2019 worked for all of 2-3 days. I’ve re-calibrated, restarted, unplugged and replugged cords. The game will record an entire routing but it won’t recognize dancers on the selection screen. I can’t be the only one still having this issue

@BGood06 Have you checked to make sure there is nothing interfering with the camera for the Kinect? When I used to play JD with my siblings on the 360, the lighting in room sometimes caused issues. To clarify, are you playing on the 360 version or XB1? Do you have the game installed on an internal or external HDD?

I have XB1 and I purchased the external disc. I’ve moved furniture, moved lights, adjusted where the camera is and still nothing. I don’t get it. The game will record and playback after a routine is finished, but it won’t detect anyone on the “place yourself next to a dancer” screen

I have reported this to our JD team. I will update this thread once I have a bit more information.