View Poll Results: Do You Want Beyond Good & Evil 2 To Be Playable Offline?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

98 69.50%
  • No

8 5.67%
  • Both

35 24.82%
    Offline would be needed i think. Perhaps making it Online is to prevent illegal Download?
     1 people found this helpful

I want both to be honest. I just beat the Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy 15 offline without any problems. I am currently considering trying the online for Final Fantasy 15 to see how that works. SO I mean if you add multiplayer than both, other wise offline id good.

Sick too the back teeth of online multiplayer co-op. Think its time too give up gaming
     4 people found this helpful

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Kl00k606 Go to original post
    Offline would be needed i think. Perhaps making it Online is to prevent illegal Download?
    It's just an excuse to make more money. They are gonna shove lootboxes and microtransactions in it.

Originally Posted by Davem64 Go to original post
    Sick too the back teeth of online multiplayer co-op. Think its time too give up gaming
    The way things are becoming, i'm feeling the same way. I wouldn't mind playing co-op aspects of the game. At it's core, it is a single player game.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Davem64 Go to original post
    Very few projects can make a truly amazing online multiplayer. Is a dream that needs to be developed and realize, though won't happen unless work get put into it. I agree online multiplayer isn't greatly successful in terms of game of the year awards, though they have separate awards that multiplayer. I'd like to see them do multiplayer after they release the game, in its completion with DLCs and updates. Then like I said in another post, positively they may consider making another game on this engine and also reform or reprioritize BGE2's single player game into the second games multiplayer. That way there's so much unique content, a multiplayer crowd could have space to play with and or against each other. But then again they maybe consider small group multiplayer like 5-8 players. Then that way it's like completing the game with some friends. On the other game if they want more players 16-64 players, there's grounds for PVE and PVP without crowding the game world then that's something of interest too. But that's how i'd want to do it, inconsiderate of the cost that goes into making that happen.

Another question is, what kind of multiplayer will it be? Just Co-op like Borderland, or with PVP like borderlands with PVP, like Destiny or Warframe? Maybe it's its own things. Maybe if it's done in away where your character is persistent in the game world, then maybe you'll want to have things like territories. That way your character is still a active part of the game when you logoff, though with limits as a NPC in its territory. Also how many characters can we have, so I can maintain my territory with character NPCs. What can those character NPCs be allowed to do, while not being controller by a player. And if they die is it permanent. That opens up some options, to what kind of things you can do in multiplayer, that's not really be done before. I mean it exist in a primitive form, though not in a way I can build a few character to take out with me to accomplish things. Plus that way we could have crews of say 4-6 and player built NPCs, they can use the character they need to get things done with. Say each player can have 2-4 additional characters, for a minimum crew count of 4 players, then additionally 4 NPC characters 16+ total crew members. just an idea.

I'd personally add, it would be the perfect Cooperative game if it had a 4 Player Split-Screen Couch Co-op

Off-Line possibility and solo play

Hi all!
    LOVED BGE 1, specially the music, so I hope there will be something similar in version 2. I don't mind playing co-op sometimes, but mostly I like to play a game like reading a book - by myself. Then I can get immersed into the story without any distractions. Sure, it is very satisfying for the story to be interactive and it takes a little more effort than just reading a book, but to me that is all a game is.

I guess one gets like this when you have been with from the beginning and seen the amazing developments through the years, from the pixelated 2D pong game, the "3D" games on a 48K Spectrum, the King-Kong game on the PC, then all the space games right up to VR now. ... and yet still the development has just started, because I know in my heart, that we will end up with a holographic experience, like they "have" in Star Trek. We humans have always managed to somehow fulfill our fantasies and many of the things that were Science Fiction when I was young, are now a reality! The crazy thing is that my eldest son now works for King. I wonder were he got that from?

So, don't mind me, go for whatever you guys are aiming at, but I still like the solo experience best.
    : P
    MacD

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Both. I'm totally fine with online, because I would like to play with my friends while exploring System 3. However, if my internet goes out, I can't play. So, it should have an offline, just incase someone (like me) loses their connection. I light breeze, or drizzle of rain can flicker off my internet real easy.

Yes it must be too many games nowadays focus on having online as the main game. When developers forget most people playing single player games are playing offline.

We hate WIFI / have no good connection in X Country as such both are reasonable reasons.
     2 people found this helpful