Am I the only one here who hated the Aya levels?

I just thought that having you play as Aya was a bad design decision. You spent hours grinding and developing Bayek into a killing machine only to be switched to poorly equipped Aya in the final acts of the game.

I wish they at least let you change Aya's equipment or make her have the same skills that your Bayek has.

Additional thoughts.

They gave you the freedom to choose your play-style via selecting equipment and skills. But then forces you into a different play-style (unless you're using dual swords on your Bayek) on the epilogue mission. Just WHY?!

"Ah we see you're enjoying playing using your Legendary Regular Sword, how about we take that and give a blue-rarity dual sword for your fight against Septimius and the soldiers before you stab Caesar in the back instead."

UbiSnout's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello mrraindrop17!

Thanks for sharing the feed backs! Glad you enjoyed the game!

My opinion is that it was done to add diversity to the game. It made the game a little more challenging to me, especially in nightmare mode. It is the same in the Arena fights where you have to use all three weapon types. Then, they have missions where you have to use bare knuckles. Heck, in Black Flag, they have missions where you have to play checkers. Now, that was fun. I didn't particularly like playing as Aya, but I liked the challenge. She was helluva sexy too. Great game.

UbiSnout's Avatar Community Representative
    Great news if you have Odyssey! Aya is going to be available as a lieutenant for the Adrestia this month!

Check out what is coming out this month in Assassin's Creed Odyssey!

I wasn't a fan of the Aya levels either. Suddenly taking away the choice of play style felt almost like a way to make things artificially difficult. If at least we could have had a little more choice in weapons and be allowed to fight with spears/swords and especially shield instead of being restricted to the fiddly dual blades that would have made it a lot better, even when those actual weapons would be preset selections.